I couldn't agree more with Poor Man

Officially, at least in my mind, there are no dumb questions. Every question is legitimate and often the simplest ones will spark an incredible debate among the more experienced and some great kernel of wisdom will reveal itself.
Yes the OP was simply bad form, plain and simple, but that should be viewed separately from any question that was asked. Agreed that simple research could prevent a lot of repetitiveness but lets be honest most people just are not built that way.
Very few people fully understand what a busy guy our host is. This isn't the only forum he hosts, S&A isn't the only store he runs and none of them are his primary job. On top of that I think he spends 50% of his free time chasing around a machinist who also mildly over worked and a bit of a prima donna

So my advice is ask your questions here. Here you have the advantage of a collective knowledge and some of the individuals in the collective have enough personal knowledge to make the Cardew Bros. look like amateurs. Then be satisfied with the answers you get or devote a substantial part of your life to doing your own experiments.