ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Accurizing" A Diana Bandit

"Accurizing" A Diana Bandit

I have a Diana Bandit which I quite enjoy plinking with. I recently purchased some good quality pellets (RWS R10 Match and Meisterkugeln) but I found they didn't shoot any better than the cheap Crossman flat nose. I was shooting in the basement with a good solid rest. At 10 yards they were around an inch for 9 shots. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions to improve accuracy. I was thinking maybe a regulator but there may some less expensive alternative. TC

Not familiar with the Bandit's air usage, but I would expect that in 9 shots the starting point vs. the ending point in air pressure wouldn't be enough to put pellets off an inch at 30 yards. The only way you can take the gun out of the equation to determine your issue it to literally put it in a solid holder (not a 'rest) so it absolutely cannot move. If nothing changes, then you've eliminated shooter variables (i.e. you) and maybe need to look at moving the target closer (i.e. 5 yards) and see what occurs over 9 shots to try and eliminate air pressure as the issue. If that changes nothing, maybe look at the crown on your barrel, or if you have brake/shroud of some sort that it is not interfering with the pellets in some way.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Not familiar with the Bandit's air usage, but I would expect that in 9 shots the starting point vs. the ending point in air pressure wouldn't be enough to put pellets off an inch at 30 yards. The only way you can take the gun out of the equation to determine your issue it to literally put it in a solid holder (not a 'rest) so it absolutely cannot move. If nothing changes, then you've eliminated shooter variables (i.e. you) and maybe need to look at moving the target closer (i.e. 5 yards) and see what occurs over 9 shots to try and eliminate air pressure as the issue. If that changes nothing, maybe look at the crown on your barrel, or if you have brake/shroud of some sort that it is not interfering with the pellets in some way.
    Thanks for the reply but this was at 10 yds not 30. Others have mentioned the crown as well so that will be something I'll have to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trky Chsr View Post
    Thanks for the reply but this was at 10 yds not 30.
    Typo, but also not at all relevant, my point is still valid. Eliminate the variables before looking for gun 'problems'.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

+ Reply to Thread