Quote Originally Posted by sholo View Post

Sean:
I think for now I'll leave the leade as is, other than maybe polish/lightly (very lightly) round off the sharp edge so the pellets aren't nicked when chambered.

I'm still in the learning stages - and probably will be for quite some time yet! When I realized it (bolt) was snug, I could/should have just put it in the drill press (don't have a lathe) and give it a wee touch with some 1000 or 2000 grit paper - now that I know I'm looking for .216" (thanks, Sean!). Would have solved everything quite easily!

Thanks guys,
Todd
The easy way to smooth that transition is to use a .22 bore mop on a standard cleaning rod. Coat the mop thoroughly with a mild abrasive like white toothpaste or JB Bore or those hard wax based abrasives used for buffing wheels can be softened with mineral spirits to a paste...etc. Then give the throat about 100 strokes. That way your efforts are parallel to the axis of the bore and you'll end up with a tiny bit of a leade.

These barrels dont really have a leade to begin with with. It's more of a throat with a hard transition to boreIMG093.jpg