+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bwa-ha-ha-ha

PM sent...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Doc, if that serves as a drain opener as well, I shudder to think what those brown smudges are!

Good day for me. Finally made a brass ftp that actually works.

Hopefully have more on this in the next couple of days- haven't shot it yet. That'll come soon...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

The verdict's in. Over the chronograph, for 10 pumps, I gained a modest 11 fps on average. That's with the 14.3 gr Daisy h.p.

That's due to a slight increase in swept volume over the delrin ftp I was using previously.
    I could probably face a little more off the brass piston face, but any further gain is gonna be minimal.

The nice thing about this is I no longer have to worry about melting the delrin when I'm working with a pump and dump gun.

As to the numbers:

Delrin FTP avg 475.9 fps 14.3 gr daisy h.p.

Brass FTP avg 486.4 fps 14.3 gr daisy h.p.

As to those velocities being low for ten pumps, remember the 2nd variant uses a lighter hammer than the current 13-XX, and on my sample, kind of a weak hammer spring. I'll have that fixed, hopefully this week sometime, when my parts order gets here....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Well done, Doc.... Nice to have your own parts in the gun isn't it?.... Very satisfying....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

That satisfaction is powerful, heady stuff. LBPR (low back pain relief) even.

I been after this one a long time- I've lost count on attempts with aluminum and brass. The problem for me was getting a hole centered properly. That brass came from a discarded boiler draw off valve. It had a centered hole that went about 9/16" in- enough of a straight lead for me to follow....

I hope there's a hobby lathe in my future. It would make this kind of thing a lot easier.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Finally got some time to play with my new stems and valve parts.
    The inside of the valve rear was kind of dirty with green slime- a by product of stem seal and WD-40. I went at it with baking soda based tooth paste in an attempt to clean up the stem seal seat. That's a fast abrasive! Leaves a nice smooth finish, too! Got that hint here on another thread... At any rate, it looks like the valve's gonna hold air now

More to come as time allows progress on these projects...
    I really should get this stuff outta the way before I order in the new 13-22

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread