First up was the largest Franklin's (Spruce) Grouse I have ever seen.... It was so big I thought it was a large Ruffie, but when Molly brought it to me I found it was a huge male Franklin's.... A half hour later I got a normal sized female Ruffed Grouse, and when I cleaned the two birds the breast on the male Franklin's was larger than the Ruffie, something I haven't seen before....

For the fourth day in a row we went back to a location we had seen a rabbit, and set up 45 yards from where we had spotted him three times previously.... We did the same thing last night with no success, but tonight he appeared just after 6:00 PM.... I was all set up, with the scope prefocused, and I knew the distance.... He looked pretty small when I put the crosshairs on the top of his head and sent an 18 gr. JSB downrange at 720 fps.... A second later I heard a loud THWACK which knocked him right over and then he proceeded to do backflips until we got there and gave him a coup de gras.... The first hit was just above and behind the eye.... he was dead his nerves just didn't know it yet....

This Snowshoe Hare was a young one, much smaller than the first one I got.... I'm guessing he will be tender and tasty, the wife and I are certainly looking forward to it.... She was pretty impressed that I made the shot, it's longer range than any shot at a Grouse we ever take....

Bob