ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long distance shooting, how do you feel about wind?

Hybrid View

balistic shooting or mortar shooting i've heard about this before it's almost like shooting a canon in extreme long range. i have to search in my old books for formulas but it actualy work

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    balistic shooting or mortar shooting i've heard about this before it's almost like shooting a canon in extreme long range. i have to search in my old books for formulas but it actualy work
    That would be quite interesting to see the math on this. The way you put it, it all makes sense to me now. So what Eric is saying about this guy shooting coyotes or dingos or whatever, Eric doesn't say that they were killed....???? But I'm guessing that the weight of the pellet coming back to earth and I guess, at it's terminal velocity would have enough energy to kill said animal....?????
    I'm guessing the pellet would have to be a large caliber. The minimum being a .22....????

I'm gonna have to try this out next summer, the ceiling in the garage ain't high enough to try it out...lol. I'd sure like to see some math on this tho.

+ Reply to Thread