ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avoid buyer from PEI with last name "Latremouille"...

Hybrid View

There are definitely lots of morons out there. Lots of people trying to pull something as well. I had a customer request that I ship her reptiles in late April, without a signature required as her son would be home that day but he is under 18 and cant sign for them. I explained that we normally ship with signature required so Canada Post cant just leave the package outside in the cold. "Oh no, he will be home all day". A month later, she tells me Canada Post left the box on her door step since her son was not home, and one of the lizards is not doing well.
    I asked why she did not tell me this as soon as she got home, instead of waiting, I think it was 32 days. Turns out she took the "cold" lizard, and stuck him in 85-90 degree water to warm him up as fast as possible. Of course this is the worst thing you could do. If allowed to warm to room temp naturally, it would have been fine.

Most issues when legitimate, can be resolved easily if the buyer will communicate with the seller in a timely and detailed manner.

LOL

Thanks Eric,
    I really needed the great laugh. It might be driving you crazy, but, this is better than Television. Ha ha ha

I feel for you too, however, you will, someday, think this is a very funny story. What I find so funny is that Mr & Mrs "one sandwich short of a picnic" are thinking that they have done things that they did not do. I find this in not an uncommon human experience. Strange as it may seem, many people cannot read plain English and believe that thinking of something is the same as doing something.

Until I read your post, I was concerned about posting a long review of the Crosman 1077. Now I feel it would be half appropriate anyway.

Sorry for your angst, you have always been helpful and curtious to me. It seems you found a graceful way out of it by refering them to the manufacturer. Bully for you!

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfritz View Post
    There are definitely lots of morons out there. Lots of people trying to pull something as well. I had a customer request that I ship her reptiles in late April, without a signature required as her son would be home that day but he is under 18 and cant sign for them. I explained that we normally ship with signature required so Canada Post cant just leave the package outside in the cold. "Oh no, he will be home all day". A month later, she tells me Canada Post left the box on her door step since her son was not home, and one of the lizards is not doing well.
    I asked why she did not tell me this as soon as she got home, instead of waiting, I think it was 32 days. Turns out she took the "cold" lizard, and stuck him in 85-90 degree water to warm him up as fast as possible. Of course this is the worst thing you could do. If allowed to warm to room temp naturally, it would have been fine.

Most issues when legitimate, can be resolved easily if the buyer will communicate with the seller in a timely and detailed manner.
    The lizard was cold so she cooked the poor thing!?!

"The lizard was cold so she cooked the poor thing!?! "

Yep. Seems to be the first thing people who think they know what they are doing do.

+ Reply to Thread