Hello all, I thought I would post a picture of my completed ar2078, looks pretty well stock, its what's inside that counts in this one. I am shocked at just how accurate it is at 50 yards. I never would have guessed it possible. I have no chrony so I can only say it shots hard and is very consistent, although every 10-12last shots I get a flier that separates the nice tight group by 2-3the inches. I have no idea where to even start. I am running a jds air reg at 1400the psi. The rest of it are just the basic mods that you have all compiled here for us newbies to get a really food handle on our airguns. Simply put, I love it, I love it. I love it! It is so nice being able to shoot with out that ear cracking split of a high velocity 22 LR. Even the sub sonic 22's sound like a bomb going off compared to my ar2078. I am going to try and post photos.
I have cut the basic shape for the new stock I am building from a qb 78gun I bought from Eric at scopes and ammo. This qb is for a friend but I will use it as a template for my new stock build. I am a millwright by trade but my wood working skills to this point have been making "custom pens" for friends and crating up machinery to ship. I have cut the basic shape out although I can't decide what to do where the back of the gun ends and where the rear stock shape should start. I am open for suggestions. I am not sure how one even goes about carving the shape for your hand fit etc. A dremel and some files should get me going. The would iObama am using is padauk. I had nice piece lying around. I have enough for a second one if I ruin my first attempt and its got a lot nicer figuring. The wood is almost orange, coming up with a stain that will look good may be a little tricky. Trial by fire for this project. I would love to hear any ideas or you can just plain point out that I am doing something stupid if that's the case. I am going to order some 4130 tube so I can enlarge the reservoir size and fill to 3000 psi. I have no idea where one can get one of these "inline air regulators" they are using on the other guns. I would rather not have to make one. So many questions and I have hardly started. I will now try and post pics.