ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breakbarrel opinion

breakbarrel opinion

looking hard at the Sheridan all weather- are there better non pal airguns with a decent scope mount (22)? thanks.

I'm probably the last person you should listen to, but I just bought one from Scopes and Ammo and I am just amazed at the power and accuracy. Love the gun.

I appreciate your feedback and I won't even ask why you would be the last person to listen to- LOL!

Lol...probably referring to his relative newness. But his opinion is as valid as anyones because perspective is relative.

Yes there are lots of "better" springer non pal airguns but they are not in the same price range. If that is the price range your looking at then yes it is a decent rifle with the capacity to be even more decent with a little TLC.
    Sean

Just for some perspective on the price of "better" in the non-PAL area, you would have been looking at $450+

However, I just looked and it appears the "detuned" German guns that were available awhile back must have been a limited run- none seem to be available any longer.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

WOULD LIKE TO STAY UNDER 600.00, but can be convinced for the right reasons to go a little higher..please recommend- thanks.

Well for that kind of cash your getting into more serious airguns and quality levels so it would be important to know what you are hoping to do with it. And what type of airgun as far as mechanicals. For $600 you can easily slide into a few models of PCP with a handpump

Are you interested in only spring rifles or are there others
    Sean

like your Coast Guard avatar- not terribly interested in the PCP family as I am just looking for a grab and shoot airgun- I do like quality though.I shoot at a range, but mostly .223 reload stuff. I live in a rural area and sometimes on a nice day I would like to grab an airgun and do a little plinking.I have a Gammo pistol for plinking in the garage on a rainy day, but suffered a major accident and with hand therapy, my pistol shooting is not up to par..lol

Hey thanks man...That's me, a poor lifeless Coastie

Well just as Eric said all of the better German Non PAL stuff has disappeared so the Benjamin is now basically "best in class". For the kind of budget you suggested I would be thinking underlever but everything is PAL. And the Crosman underlever has disappeared.

There is a Diana out there that I would be highly suspicious of.... the price makes me think China with a German name
    Sean

Thanks Sean- I have no problem with a PAL gun, if it's just a point and shoot with more velocity??Your thoughts are much appreciated. ( I have a son who is a nav officer with the CCG in the great lakes)

+ Reply to Thread