I'm just going to let the cat out of the bag a bit here.... SeanP and I have decided that since JSB are making pellets for the FX and Daystate .30 cals that are smaller than will properly fit in a "standard" .308" barrel (LW, TJ's or PB).... we are ordering a mandrel from Mike at TJ's to have airgun barrels produced to properly fit the new 46-50 gr. JSB pellets, which have a 0.300" head diameter.... Once the mandrel is made, we will be getting some barrels done in 0.50" OD which would fit an MRod, and I will be doing a prototype riser breech to adapt that size barrel to a 22XX/Disco using a modified MRod .25 cal clip (Lloyd's) that will allow 7 shots in .30 cal.... This breech will also accept a .25 cal MRod barrel, or a .25 Auto TJ's barrel blank as well.... We already know that the .25 MRod clip will accept the 53 gr. cast Lyman bullets and the 50 gr. Mr. Hollowpoint bullets, so if all works out as planned, both the MRod and 22XX/Disco platforms will move up to shooting 46-53 gr. pellets/bullets in both .25 and .30 cal....

SeanP is hoping to produce the breeches & bolts, along with providing machined .30 cal barrels, and valves opened up to provide the additional airflow required.... I'll be doing the prototype work, and at the moment FPE numbers are just a guess, as we want to make everything as much of a "drop-in"/"bolt-on" as we can.... However, my goal is 850+ fps with the 46 gr. JSBs which would be 74+ FPE and hopefully more depending on the pressure and barrel length used.... There is no reason that shorter .25/.30 cal barrels could not be fitted to the 2240/50 pistols as well, using the new repeater breech.... Down the road, SeanP may get some 0.59" OD (15mm) blanks made and machine them up for a single-shot conversion for the QB 78/79 rifles as well.... along with matching bolts....

Please don't bug us, as it will be a while before any of this gets prototyped, let alone into possible production.... The above information is all I can supply at the present time.... My prototype will be a new project, which is a .30 cal Disco Double (from Lloyd at AirGunLab) in a Blaster stock with an MRod trigger (from Norm at DiscosRUs).... When I have anything concrete to report, it will be in a thread I will start on that project....

Bob