Hi Jeff

Sounds like your doing great with that qb78. You may want to whack off an arbitrary 1/8" off the muzzle and then recrown as the qb's (and many others) often have tooling marks just inside the crown.

As for your bullpup issue....well it's a quandry to be sure. But you are correct there are legal bullpup rifles in Canada...lots of them. An obvious example of this for our purposes is the QB57.

The legislation is as always very poorly written but it seems that the focus is -if a stock "that is a self contained mechanical device" can be used to convert a firearm and thereby shorten its overall length ....it is completely prohibited.

So the focus is on stocks and not integrated firearms.

So I would think that if you used something like a QB57 as a reference point and asked very pointed questions of the RCMP you may have an avenue to pursue. Also bear in mind the usual 18" and 26" rules.

Oh and I was blown away when I walked into my local gunshop the other day and saw a Canstar 50 cal BMG sitting on the counter. I thought they were a complete taboo as well.....Cool rifle! Just an FYI for anyone in eastern Ont, Norris's Gun and Tackle is the spot.