ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

Thread: 9mm/.357 JSB Exacts and Upsizing the .30 Cal

Threaded View

I still haven't had a chance to try them outside, but I tried a comparison indoors at 7 yards between the stock pellets and the upsized ones in a .308" PB barrel on my .30 cal Disco Double prlject.... Here are the results with the stock pellets (0.300" head size) on the left and the ones I upsized to 0.308" head size on the right....

The C-T-C groups size on these 5 shot groups went from 0.3" stock to 0.1" with the proper head size for the bore.... I would be surprised if results outside are any different.... I know that Voltar1 found a huge difference in a 0.308" barrel with the pellets he swaged larger as well.... Incidently, I can upsize a tin of 150 in 15 minutes....

BTW, the latest word on the oddball LW barrel that the guy on the GTA has is that the groove diameter is 0.305" "or maybe a bit more".... I saw a pellet he fired through it at near valve lock (ie low velocity) and it did have deeper rifling marks than a stock JSB pushed though my LW barrel.... so I can believe it may be about 0.305"....

I'm encouraged by the way the upsized JSBs shoot in the PB barrel.... It bodes well for how the stock pellets will work in our new 0.300" barrel....

Bob
    Last edited by rsterne; May 24 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!