ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The smile of a 10yr old

The smile of a 10yr old

Today we had a break in the rain forcasted and I had my boy for the weekend. His mom and I split when he was 2yrs old , I have him with me every other weekend for now. He is the reason I got back into airguns btw. He had been following me in my latest QB78 build and kept telling me how much he liked how it looks, so I decided to take him out to the range and be the observer for once and let him do the shooting. We set up pop bottle caps at 20-30-40 and 50 yards, went back to the bench and I was the loader, he the marksman. The smile on my boys face made everthing I have done to date worthwhile as he didnt miss one in 15 shots. Priceless, but now he wants to sell his break-barrels and wants me to build him a pcp..lol
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Wow....That's perfect.

I would do it. Start him off with an AR. That way he can plink and learn marksmanship.

I'm totally looking forward to my daughter being old enough to join in the fun.
    Sean

He gets bent out of shape not being accurate with the springers and I know why. They are too long for him right now. At one point I bought him one of the Ruger brand Raven varieties and that one fit him like a glove, but developed sear issues. Might take another look at that soon.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

You are fortunate in getting him away from the X-Box.

My grandson's the same age. The a/g's don't have him hooked like the electronics. He'll show a very brief interest span in the air rifles and pistols, and then it's back to the games for him. Hopefully this will change as he gets a little older...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

We have three sons....now they are 22...20 and 19, ....and thanks to Air Guns....Archery and later the .22 and 6.5X55's I can honestly say they have never asked for a Game Console of any kind!(all started learning safe handling and practices at 6 or 7 years old) I'll take smiles and the competition in my yard as we aim to out- shoot each other.... and no I do not still out shoot them all with Rifles, but I do at pistols and Archery..... (low score now does the dishes! and the Mrs scores the targets) over having them "levelling up" on a Video Game any day! And even the Mrs would/has me ordering and buying Marksmanship stuff.....seeing as we've never pissed away the money on Video Games.

+ Reply to Thread