ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Views on Benjamin Legacy upgrade......

Hybrid View

I did a fair bit of experimenting with gas strut conversions some time ago. My overall opinion is that it is worth the extra cost.

The gas strut itself has more energy than the compressed air volume is capable of generating so you will get every fps that you can possibly get. Expect something around 730fps in a .22.

One of the most noticeable things is the lock (firing cycle) time becomes incredibly quick. So you'll see an overall increase in accuracy just because of this.

As well the gas struts have a substantial increase in rearward recoil. And also an increase in muzzle report.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    I did a fair bit of experimenting with gas strut conversions some time ago. My overall opinion is that it is worth the extra cost.

As well the gas struts have a substantial increase in rearward recoil. And also an increase in muzzle report.
    I did a small amount of experimenting using industrial gas springs. In a Quest 500 I mounted the spring backwards with good results. Anyhow, on another platform - a QB88, I have found that the first shot is fast, and over the next 10-15 shots the muzzle velocity drops about 50 fps. So consider the first shot is 500 fps, the 15th and subsequent shots are 450 +-SD of about 10 fps. Anyone ever observed this "warm-up" behaviour... is is a characteristic of gas rams or just my QB88 ?
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

+ Reply to Thread