ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New appreciation for my plow truck

New appreciation for my plow truck

With my plow truck temporarily out of commission (hydraulic pump), I got demoted to using my trusty old snow shovel to clear the driveway...

First pic I'm standing beside mailbox, second one in front of my shed door:
    m_Feb 2013 001.jpgm_Feb 2013 004.jpg

As if that wasn't enough exercise for the day, I just finished shoveling when a couple buddies showed up on their sleds and wanted me to go on a tour with them. So, like a fool I filled my machine up, and proceeded to go on a 65 mile round trip up the hydro line, across a few lakes (stopping at another buddy's ice hut for a quick visit), and finally made it home around 8:45 pm. Needless to say, I am frickin' stiff and sore today!

For some reason I have that old George Burns song, "I wish I was 18 again" stuck in my head today!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

you have about the same lengh drive way I do but mine is flat not on a hill like yours.

and I had to do my drive way too yesterday since the guy I pay to do it is on vacation,
    and the replacement guy forgot to do mine and did not pick up the phone so me my wife and my son started to do it buy hand
    then I looked at the side of the road and there was 3 foot snow pack snow plow snow bank.

so I started the old not so trusty Toro snow blower it was hard to start but got it working and cleaned the rest with it.
    I need to tighten up the pull cord on it , would make it ezzy er to start.
    we have about 4' of snow here now would have 6' but 1/2 melted a few weeks ago.

but unlike you after doing this I got in my house and played with my airgun's and my computer. tryed a new scope on QbBob.
    Benjamin Discovery Mac1 modded <----- Ya Baby the new toy
    Webly Alecto .177
    QB79- with lots and lots of mods HPA <------ Go too AirGun for FT

I feel your pain.

Two of us spent 11 hours with snowblowers on the cottage rd because the plow trucks couldnt push it back far enough
    Sean

After seeing the tight, twisted, "hilly" road you live on, I have no problem believing the plows' had a tough go of it! I guess it's the price one pays for living in a beautiful spot like that...

11 hrs with a snowblower, though? ....I sincerely hope they were self-propelled units!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Ya self propelled 10HP-28" beasts.

This was my cottage lane directly across from the driveway. So picture twice as hilly and half as wide
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread