I picked up a QB78D today from Scopes and Ammo, thanks Eric.

I bought a seal kit and have also done a lot of research into tweaking this rifle, but I just HAD to try it out "stock" to see how she performs.

She looks real nice, and I had her zeroed in real quick. She was REAL accurate, I put a 3X9X32 scope on her. I have a approx 45 foot "range" in my basement and I could not miss.

Few things I noticed..

Is it normal the first time to have some gas escape (I do not know from where) when I backed off the pressure tube cap 1/4 turn to release the gas. The leak seemed to stop inside 15 seconds. The only seal I can see is on the bolt and it is dried out/cracked....so I have no reason not to think the others are the same (hence why I got a ring rebuild kit with it ;)

The action was REAL tight the first dozen or so shots....I REALLY had to push on it to cycle it back forward. This got better with time (put 50-60 rounds down range with first 2 CO2 Powerlets) and I assume will get even better when I disassemble and get a bit of lube in there (good idea to lube?)

If I had not done so much research on this rifle, I would be SUPER surprised, but I am glad to say I got exactly what I was hoping to get.

This is a kick ass rifle as is...I can now wait to tune her a bit :)