ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 3000 psi tube QB78

Yes Al's adjuster is a work of art.
    Compromise is the solution.....
    Make mine (takes about an hour) use that while you while away the hours testing and making Al's

One of the issues you may be experiencing is the spring preload is enough to pressing hard against the valve stem at rest. I have never measured the clearance but I know mine has some slack.

At most I would reduce it to an 1/8" and see what you have for performance
    Sean

At last...Here is my QB78D PCP conversion. At 2700psi I am getting 30 strong shots down to 1000psi. All my grief was being caused by the spacer I had added to the hammer spring,as well as port size a little too large for this application. Spacer was removed completely and hammer lost a little weight too by lathe. Port hole closed up from #18 to #20 drill size. I have no chronograph to check speeds at this point. As rsterne had mentioned the hammer spring is very sensitive to adjustment which I experienced during this conversion. Accuracy is stunning over my springers. I found myself walking to the target to see where the new hole was, surprisingly POI was almost through the same hole on most shots and no flyers at 20 yards. I am impressed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

See what happens Sean when you show me functional bling?..lol I contacted al and he so kindly provided me with his cad for his power adjuster. I happen to like brass so I added some to my version.IMG_0411c.jpgIMG_0412c.jpgIMG_0413c.jpg

Al's a nice guy isn't he.:)

Nice work on the adjuster, looks real nice.

Al

thanks Al, seems I didnt turn the knob to the proper diameter for a good knurl so I stopped before it was too deep. I will measure twice this time..lol. Right now I am thinking of a way to secure the end caps without drilling a hole down through the breech. Oh this kind of stuff makes my work day go much faster Work seems to be slowing my progress at home...ha ha

If you figure that one out, be sure to let us all know. ;)

Drilled through the reciever to mount mine.

Al

Bravo...Nice work on the adjuster.

Keep your head down though, Eric has been trying to convince Al to go into production on those adjusters for years...you may be next
    Sean

IMG_0415.jpgIMG_0420.jpgIMG_0417.jpgAdjuster is now finished and WOW what a difference with all the adjustment! Do they make 5min loctite blue?lol I wanna go do some more shooting but have to wait now

You put put loctite on the fastener threads, then use a hairdryer to speed it along- then once dry install in the assembly- it will do what it should (alot of people put loctite on the fastener and then into the assembly "wet" but this risks some parts of the sealer never drying inside the threads- i.e. a weak seal ultimately).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Im alot of people sometimes but I do have a heat gun. might try that next time. I was out to try this new addition some more and it is not the same qb. This is the best mod I done since adding a lead screw to my little taig lathe, and maybe now I will start doing some serious shooting. There might be one more thing I wanna do to this rifle and that is add a little weight to the other end of the barrel. Instead of adding a muzzle brake to an un banded barrel I have thought of making a new fill cap of brass seeing im on a roll with that precious metal. Anyone have CAD drawings for these caps?Lol

+ Reply to Thread