ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3000 psi tube QB78

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jpsgunworks View Post
    Hi Sean, sounds like an Al Stone "across the pond "comment. I assume you're using a bulk fill cap and paintball line? What is the reg set at to get 2000 shots?
    Yessir that is a direct AL quote....quite a fellow when it comes to QB's

Yes I'm using the bulk fill cap and connecting it with the Ninja coil hose that Eric sells.

I'm filling to 1500 psi and I reduced the hammer spring weight to get 480avg fps. I use my AR2078 strictly as a 10m trainer so I tuned the velocity to optimize the best pellet. At 1500 fill I get exactly 30 shots off the stock tube. If I shoot ponied to the bottle I set the reg at 800 and blam away. This is the condition for 2000 shots on a bottle. I went through 4 tins in two days at the bench breaking the barrel in.
    Sean

I took the plunge, and ordered a tube, yesterday.
    It's going to be done a bit at a time- I still have to get a pump. That will come a bit later.
    I'm going to play around a bit with my "D" on co-2- until I have a pump in hand.

In the mean time, the bbl will have to come off the "D" again. I'd like to get the breech end of the bbl cleaned up a little more. The JSB Predators feel like they're binding at loading- as do the heavy exacts. The smaller 14.3 gr daisy and crosman offerings seat in the bbl with no problem now...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

+ Reply to Thread