ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H&N version of Polymags?

H&N version of Polymags?

These look promising. Be interesting to see how they compare to the Predator. Wish they made them in .22 cal, though!:
    H&N Hornet.jpg

Did you get a chance to see these at the SHOT show, Eric? If so, what did you think of 'em? And, naturally, the next question is - when can we start buying them from you?

I'm guessing they'll be a bit more pricey seeing as they are a "specialty" pellet, but I would still like to try 'em out!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

I see H&N have a Baracuda Magnum 16 gr. pellet in .177 as well.... I wonder if a .22 (and/or .25) version will follow?....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Sean

The new pellets are not in production yet, and won't be until April or so. The new pellets are typically (but not always) release in .177 caliber, then .22 6-8 months later. They are effectively an all-metal 'predator'- but the "polymer tip' was patented at some point (the pellet as a whole wasn't/couldn't be) by Predator/JSB. No idea how they shoot- but no reason they would be any better or worse than the regular Predators based on B/C and aerodynamics- but I cannot speak as to the weight/balance of them.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Patents didn't stop Gamo from producing their own version of the predator. From what I've seen, .177 only for the gamo's. There's 2 versions, one a lead-free, and the other regular lead. The predator's still hold the accuracy edge, albeit not by much, over the lead gamo version. The lead-free is a money toss. I couldn't get them to group in any of my .177's.

H&N is sort of cool- with their own honest looking accuracy rating marked on the pellet tin. Should be interesting once they are available...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Look like they'll kill effectively...will be keeping an eye out for their availability.

Al

+ Reply to Thread