ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CO2 to PCP conversion questions

CO2 to PCP conversion questions

I am wondering what are a few good make/model CO2 air guns for conversion to PCP.

I am looking for something in the mid price range. Also looking for a model that has a well documented conversion process. I am "handy" and have a fully stocked shop of tools, but I prefer to have a good "walk thru" when I am learning a new skill

PAL/non PAL is not an issue is I have my PAL.

I also take a few trips to the USA each year and am open to CO2 models that I would be allowed to bring back to Canada, or even an PCP that originated in the states that I am allowed to bring back.

Thanks all.

Easiest is a QB79.... screw on a regulated tank and you're in business.... Make sure the reg. has a 1.8K burst disc on the output side for safety.... Most are 850 psi output, and that will give you quite a boost over CO2, even though the pressure is the same.... The maximum you can use safely is 1500-1600 psi, and with other mods you can have a gun that performs like a Disco but wtih more shots.... Of course you can just purchase a Discovery as well....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Off the top of my head, I would think the QB/AR family of guns would be a perfect choice, with the QB79 being the easiest route. Many here (myself included) have done that very conversion with with either a HPA tube or 13 ci bottle and stock tube (or both). Just use the search button here and you will find various threads showing you how (Rsterne's threads on the subject would be the best ones to look for).

Eric has tons of parts for QB's/AR's as well as HPA, so no worries trying to track down the necessary pieces.

I'm sure there are lots of other options for doing an HPA conversion (2240-2260, 1077, etc...) but the QB/AR series would be my first choice

Todd

EDIT: Bob beat me to it!!!
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

+ Reply to Thread