ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Chrony?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    I have the basic F1 model from scopes and ammo (best place and price to get it). But, you can buy a stereo mini jack, a momentary push button and some wire and get it to readout of strings, avg, hi-lo, deviation etc, etc. If you want the 'mod' let me know once you get the basic model and I'll post it.

Bart
    Post it! Always good to have such info out in the world.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Ok, here is the link to get more info out of the F1 Chrony. Very simple, dirt cheap. Anyone can do this. Airgunners favourite mod words.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ooting-Chrony-

Happy hoildays to all!

Bartman

I borrowed the content from the other forum (just in case they disappear at some point):

Remote control (simple)

The simple remote for the F1 and Alpha allows you to step through some statistics and the shot memory using the F1's built in display. This is otherwise only available using the Function button on the Ballistic printer.

Parts list:
    3.5 mm Stereo jack
    Pushbutton switch
    ~1 metre 2 core cable
    Small box

How to:

Mount the switch in the box.
    Solder the cable across the two connectors.
    Solder the other end to the Sleeve and Ring of the audio plug.

jack.png

chronywire.jpg

If you build this keep the box you mount the switch in fairly small then it will fit inside the chrony.

Usage.
    (Taken from the manual)

The push button on the Remote Control is the equivalent of the FU button (or Function button) on the Chrony Printer.
    The F-1 Chrony will provide you with summary data such as Hi, Lo, Average velocities and the total number of shots fire. Plus: Extreme Spread, Standard Deviation as well as numbered shots and retrieval of individual shot velocities.

1. Deleting Single Shot:
    Press & release the button repeatedly until the desired shot number is displayed (NOT the velocity). Press & hold the button until display flashes. Release button immediately. The Chrony will automatically adjust the statistics.
    2. Starting a new String:
    Turn your Chrony OFF and the ON again. Or, (if you don’t want to get up) press & release the FU button until -Hi- is displayed. Hold the button in until the display changes to -CL-, then release the button. -Clr- is now displayed. Press & release the button until the display changes to -CLS-, then press & hold button in until the display flashes. Release button immediately.
    3. Retrieve Information:
    Anytime you wish, you may view the data you have produced. To do this, simply press the button, identify the information you are about to receive, release button and read the information. Repeat this process for each piece if information shown below.

What you see What it means What you see on release
    on press

-Sn- String number Will always be #1 with the F-1 Chrony;

-Lo- Lowest velocity velocity of the slowest shot

-Hi- Highest velocity velocity of the fastest shot

-Av- Average velocity Average velocity of all shots

-ES- Extreme Spread Hi velocity minus Lo velocity

-Sd- Standard Deviation Standard deviation of string of shots

-To- Total number of shots The number of shots fired.
    recorded since Chrony
    was turned on.

-10- # of last shot fired velocity of 10th shot

-9- # of next to last velocity of 9th shot
    shot fired

etc., etc., repeat until all the shots have been shown, then -[ ]- appears. This means the end of the data and, that you are ready to shoot again. If you press the button again, you start the viewing cycle over again. Simply pressing and releasing the button takes you from one piece of data to the next.. If you wish at any time during the viewing process to return to the working mode, stop pressing the button and wait 15 seconds. It returns to the working mode by itself. Sometimes, if you hold the button down for more than two seconds at a time, the unit will go into a sub-menu. Wait 15 seconds, it will return to normal by itself. When you think that you may have done something wrong, take your hands off, and it will go back to normal by itself.

i like mods like this, thanks
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Also, if some of you don't want to source electronic parts. Everyone has a set of stereo headphones or earbuds they don't use. There is your stereo jack and cable. A real simple SPST normally open switch, would be a brake light switch from an older vehicle. As far as a case, any plastic recyclable container will work. Ie, candy mint box, dollar store container, etc. Cheap and works.

Bartman

So remtom1200 did you buy yourself the f1 chrony? Do you like it? Does it fit your needs?
    Benjamin NP Trail (0.22)
    Stoeger X5 (0.177)
    SIG Sauer X-Five Open (0.177)
    H&K MP5-PDW (0.177)
    Crosman 3576 (0.177)
    Crosman 1377 (0.177)
    Elite II (0.177)
    Colt Defender (0.177)
    Colt Combat Special (0.177)

I did buy the F1 From scopes and ammo. I am Happy with it so far.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Interesting little note: Shooting Chrony is going to produce a more "high tech" looking Chrony in the near future- basically it's molded plastic, but low profile and compact- sensors pull out front and back, and it only comes with a remote control/display- which is wireless. The main unit has a USB port to plug into a computer to record/download data. Price is a fair bit more than the other units, however- likely to be near $200.00 and no specific ETA yet.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    I borrowed the content from the other forum (just in case they disappear at some point):

Remote control (simple)

The simple remote for the F1 and Alpha allows you to step through some statistics and the shot memory using the F1's built in display. This is otherwise only available using the Function button on the Ballistic printer.

Parts list:
    3.5 mm Stereo jack
    Pushbutton switch
    ~1 metre 2 core cable
    Small box

How to:

Mount the switch in the box.
    Solder the cable across the two connectors.
    Solder the other end to the Sleeve and Ring of the audio plug.

Attachment 792

Attachment 793

If you build this keep the box you mount the switch in fairly small then it will fit inside the chrony.

Usage.
    (Taken from the manual)

The push button on the Remote Control is the equivalent of the FU button (or Function button) on the Chrony Printer.
    The F-1 Chrony will provide you with summary data such as Hi, Lo, Average velocities and the total number of shots fire. Plus: Extreme Spread, Standard Deviation as well as numbered shots and retrieval of individual shot velocities.

1. Deleting Single Shot:
    Press & release the button repeatedly until the desired shot number is displayed (NOT the velocity). Press & hold the button until display flashes. Release button immediately. The Chrony will automatically adjust the statistics.
    2. Starting a new String:
    Turn your Chrony OFF and the ON again. Or, (if you don’t want to get up) press & release the FU button until -Hi- is displayed. Hold the button in until the display changes to -CL-, then release the button. -Clr- is now displayed. Press & release the button until the display changes to -CLS-, then press & hold button in until the display flashes. Release button immediately.
    3. Retrieve Information:
    Anytime you wish, you may view the data you have produced. To do this, simply press the button, identify the information you are about to receive, release button and read the information. Repeat this process for each piece if information shown below.

What you see What it means What you see on release
    on press

-Sn- String number Will always be #1 with the F-1 Chrony;

-Lo- Lowest velocity velocity of the slowest shot

-Hi- Highest velocity velocity of the fastest shot

-Av- Average velocity Average velocity of all shots

-ES- Extreme Spread Hi velocity minus Lo velocity

-Sd- Standard Deviation Standard deviation of string of shots

-To- Total number of shots The number of shots fired.
    recorded since Chrony
    was turned on.

-10- # of last shot fired velocity of 10th shot

-9- # of next to last velocity of 9th shot
    shot fired

etc., etc., repeat until all the shots have been shown, then -[ ]- appears. This means the end of the data and, that you are ready to shoot again. If you press the button again, you start the viewing cycle over again. Simply pressing and releasing the button takes you from one piece of data to the next.. If you wish at any time during the viewing process to return to the working mode, stop pressing the button and wait 15 seconds. It returns to the working mode by itself. Sometimes, if you hold the button down for more than two seconds at a time, the unit will go into a sub-menu. Wait 15 seconds, it will return to normal by itself. When you think that you may have done something wrong, take your hands off, and it will go back to normal by itself.
    For the electronically challenged like myself. I have never been good with stuff like this for some reason. It seems quite simple but for me and again, electronically challenged, I can not grasp what needs to be done. I wonder if someone could make a little bit more detailed step by step DIY with pics of what's inside the box and the jack.
    Thanks
    E.C.
    Fab
    Remember! Blue side up.

+ Reply to Thread