I did a bit of pellet testing today.... I was shooting inside at only 7 yards, and all the groups were pencil sized holes and I couldn't tell any difference in accuracy.... The good news is that if pellets are atrocious they generally open up even at that range.... I set the gun with the hammer travel at 4 turns in and the preload at 5 turns out.... and tethered it to my SCUBA tank with my inline regulator set at 2000 psi.... The first few shots were a little hot, so I backed the preload out another turn and the gun was noticeably quieter, so I know from that and the velocity it's operating on the knee of the velocity curve, not on the plateau.... I used several different pellets, from a 23.3 gr. #3 buckshot up to the 42.4 gr. EunJin Pointed.... and then I doubled up on the lighter ones to get up to just over 60 gr.... I wanted to find out the relationship between pellet weight and velocity and energy, and here's what I found out....

The right hand side of the curve is where the double loaded pellets are, so it's only a rough idea of what might happen with pellets heavier than 42.4 gr.... I'll have to wait until I get my Mr.Hollowpoints to add them to this data....

Bob