ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Qb 78-d

Hybrid View

Congrats Doc

You have that shooting sweet. I'm running my '78 on HPA as well but just on the stock tube.
    Sean

I played around with it a bit more, the last couple of nights.
    I switched out the trigger spring for a slightly lighter, more finally coiled one. Big difference in the way the gun behaves off the bench. It definitely likes the 16 gr. Predators:

That flyer on the bottom was me getting excited, seeing 3 go into the same hole- I neglected to wait a bit for the tube to warm between shots...

It's a bit on the warm side for a sub-PAL gun. The 14.3 gr Daisy h.p.'s averaged 535.1 fps over the chrony. The predators average 507 fps, and the 18.1 gr. exact heavies are at 491 fps. The JSB Exacts are the most consistent velocity wise with a max deviation of 7.4 fps. I think they will group better once I get the breech end of the bbl totally cleaned up. Only fly in all this ointment was one low shot over the chrony- a Daisy h.p. only managed 68.8 fps. That was one shot only- and I'm guessing at this- factory crud in the valve. I haven't had the gun stripped down as far as the valve out yet.

Gun's a bit of a pig on co-2. With the 12 Gram Daisy cartridges, I'm seeing 39-40 usable shots- then get a sudden drop of p.o.i. of almost 2". From that point, the gun shoots down to empty with 6 shots. Won't be much of a concern once I get it set up with the HPA tube. That tube shipped today. I'm like a little kid hanging up a Christmas stocking with the wait :P

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Really....Ground calcite cool

That is pretty rare knowledge....where or how did you learn that?
    Sean

Looking good, Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    Really....Ground calcite cool

That is pretty rare knowledge....where or how did you learn that?
    Sorry- missed the comment earlier;

They strip it out of the ground somewhere in northern Lanark County, truck it down to a plant west of Perth to process it, then ship to Drummondville Quebec where there is another processing facility. I've been through the company's (OMYA is the name) offices, haven't seen the actual processing activity first-hand, however- only been told about it.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

+ Reply to Thread