ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: drinking and driving

drinking and driving

What with all the parties scheduled during this holiday season I would like to share a personal
    experience with my closest friends about drinking and driving.

A couple of nights ago I was out for an evening with friends and had a few cold beers.
    Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit I did something I've never done before… I took a cab home.
    And, sure enough, I passed a police road block, but since it was a cab, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident... which was a real surprise as I have never driven a cab
    before and I’m not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.

ahh ha ha!
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

LOL thats funny poil thanks for posting.
    Benjamin Discovery Mac1 modded <----- Ya Baby the new toy
    Webly Alecto .177
    QB79- with lots and lots of mods HPA <------ Go too AirGun for FT

Funny guy.

Put a drunk/passed out guy you really don't like much behind the wheel and leave it in front of a police station (with their head resting on the horn of course)- I'm sure everyone will appreciate the gesture...

Now THAT was funny!

The son of a friend just lost his license a few weeks ago, nothing dramatic happened thankfully. One of his friend was supposed to drive but he had too much to drink so my friend sons took the wheel. Got to a police road block, the cop made him do the usual line walk counting backwards etc, everything was good but when they made him blow in the machine he was 0.01 over the limit (0.08 in Quebec). Lost his license, lost his job (he needed his license) doesn't know what to do, he'll have a criminal record, he's 20 years old.
    So be carefull and don't drink and drive (if it's a taxi take the backseat instead)

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    What with all the parties scheduled during this holiday season I would like to share a personal
    experience with my closest friends about drinking and driving.

A couple of nights ago I was out for an evening with friends and had a few cold beers.
    Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit I did something I've never done before… I took a cab home.
    And, sure enough, I passed a police road block, but since it was a cab, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident... which was a real surprise as I have never driven a cab
    before and I’m not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.

Like it! However, I do agree, it can cost a LOT if you are caught. A couple of my friends have the license plate light on the front of their vehicles. Insurance becomes a b*****d. Sure isn't the 70's anymore.

Bartman

Starkle, starkle, little twink,
    who the hell you are I think.
    I`m not under what they call
    the alcofluence of incohol.
    I`m not drunk as thinkle peep,
    I`m just a little slort of sheep.
    Tee rinks make a guy
    fool so feelish, don`t know why.
    Rally don`t know who`s me yet.
    The dronker I stay the longer I get.
    So just one more to full my cup.