ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HPA Tanks

Sorry, the flat shims are 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD.... They work better (ie more accurately) if the last belleville has the OD of the cup against the shim, not the raised ID....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Excellent!

So here is the hardened shims in any thickness you like

http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/p...r03:^3/8%22$|~

Here are the thick Belleville's http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...l.ex?sku=33363

Here are the thin Bellevilles http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...ex?sku=0123996

I remember having a conversation with someone recently about being able to effectively research a website....I just can't remember who
    Sean

Belleville washers are also availablle from Trakar in Ontario.... They are spring steel (not stainless) Series 31, and are available in several thicknesses.... The ones of interest are: 0.0354" (299 lb.), 0.0315" (240 lb.), 0.0276" (182 lb.), and 0.0236" (113 lb.).... Those are the "flat" loads, working loads are typically half that....

The McMaster Carr stainless bellevilles are likely the ones that Ninja uses (they are an American company and the thicknesses match).... They are available in 0.022" (105 lb - #9713K65), 0.032" (260 lb - #9713K66) and 0.047" (600 lb - #9713K67)....

The latest Ninja regulator I purchased was 3000 psi input and 2000 psi output, and it used a new piston I have not seen before.... The input side was tapered and it had two O-rings on the large (output) end of the piston instead of one.... Instead of twelve 0.032" bellevilles, it used eight 0.047" plus one 0.032" and a thin shim.... Because the 0.047" are SOOOOO stiff, shimming is critical, and the pressure varies about 100 psi per 0.001" of shim.... The stack is configured....

|| ) () () () ()

I can't imagine that the 0.032" belleville does much more than compress completely flat, so could probably be replaced by a flat shim.... I don't think there is room for ten 0.047" bellevilles, and if so the pressure might be too high to work.... However, if you wanted to build a regulator to deliver over 2500 psi, this might be a good choice....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post

I remember having a conversation with someone recently about being able to effectively research a website....I just can't remember who
    Shaddup.

-I won't talk to the douchebags at Fastenal in the East end- maybe the guys in the west end are better (?) The manager in the East end location is such a tool I refuse to consider Fastenal for anything unless all other options are exhausted. Maybe instead of frustrating myself I should call their head office and give them some grief.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Wow Eric I went to Fastenal in Red Deer AB and they were super nice to me . The washers had to be brought in and they had them in a few days. I guess it depends on the manager.

It does. I gave their corporate head office some grief in the last couple hours, the District Manager around here, and then went to an altogether different store. Problem is- no stock on any of the pieces in any locations within 300 miles (washers or shims) so I had to order, literally, hundreds of each to meet their requirements to specially bring in the items. Great place if you like throwing money at them it seems...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Bummer Dude

Shoulda emailed me. I have a special account with them that lets me order 1 or 500 of whatever I need.
    Sean

Some people are amazingly helpful- after the fact...

I ordered 16 washers and it didn't meet their minimum charge but they waved it and charged the actual amount.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Some people are amazingly helpful- after the fact...
    Hahaha Your story would truly touch my heart if it were true....but I made the offer last time you were looking for Belleville washers
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread