ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A move up from JSB 18.9gr pellets?

A move up from JSB 18.9gr pellets?

I am on my last tin of JSB exact jumbo heavies in .22 cal and thinking about trying the exact jumbo monsters. I am hoping someone can fill me in on the benefits or negatives of such a change in weight in ammo. The jumbo heavy weighs 18.9gr and the monsters are listed at 25.39gr so that is a pretty large jump. Velocity would not be an issue at this point as it is adjustable, just concerned I may have to change many things to keep my tune, including TP size, and hammer strike? I should mention the jumbo heavies are flying true and hard, but +fpe is addicting. I am using the jsb's in the largely modded QB78D, and AT44.
    For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch

Accuracy is everything.... try them and if they shoot well in your barrel then try tuning for them.... Keep in mind that at 950 fps, the FPE is twice the pellet weight.... 18 gr. are 36 FPE whereas 25 gr. are 50 FPE.... so unless your gun shoots that hard and you can tune for that you will have less velocity (but more energy)....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

I think the beginning of your reply is the answer...I probably should stay with the exact jumbo 18.9gr as they have proved to be the choice of both guns. But while on the subject of pellets bob... how have the H&N barracuda hunter extremes been accepted in your 800+fps project guns?

Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

I think I will stay with the JSB 18.19gr just because they are accurate in both guns up to 50 yards. I find target shooting leads to hitting paintballs at ranges beyond 30 yards, and hunting situations are usually under 30yrds. I am one shot one kill determined and the Jsb 18.19's deliver for me. This is what happens when I have no airgun projects and start thinking of changing things.lol

+ Reply to Thread