ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eye problems

Eye problems

Without boring everyone, had a detached retina fixed about year and half ago. Got back my sight to 20/80 without glasses and 20/40 with glasses. I am using a A NcStar 2.5 X30 scope on my crosman 1377. Of course this is my dominant eye (left) and I am a left handed shooter. Tried but just can't shoot right handed. Tried using my right eye/left hand shooting and not too bad with the 1377. I want to get back into rifle shooting(target/hunting) and buy a Benji trail all weather .22.

So, should I stick with a scope or would it be better to go to a red dot for better accuracy?? Of course I could also use a peep sight, but that would be a major issue for my distance to target.

Advice please. Open to all suggestions

Thx
    John

I have some eye problems too. I would stick with the scope for the rifle as red dots are not great in the sun light. I use red dots on my pistols and find they are great indoors but not so good outside. I have one scoped pistol and that is preferred for outside.

Hi

I have a bushnell sportsman red dot scope on my pistol, and i really like it. It dosnt project a laser beam, but simply a red dot in scope It has 12 setting of brightness, so bright sunlight has no bearing on it. What I like about it is unlimited eye relief. One problem, dont forget to turn it off when finished shooting or battery will be dead. ted

+ Reply to Thread