ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wood CNC equipment?

Wood CNC equipment?

I've been curious about "out of the box" usable CNC machines for wood products (think stocks and grips). I understand most CNC equipment is "cheap" these days compared to 10 years ago- but I am no CNC guy (although I do have some associates who can make diagrams/program CNC setups). Is there a good resource to find information on such products?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

What? Your not busy enough already

The beast your looking for is a cnc router. Probably 3 axis

http://www.cncroutercentral.com/

This is a decent resource for new and used equipment and the "links " tab has so how to and forums
    Sean

I seem to always be too busy for new things- but typically, I start to think about something and if/when the time presents itself, may "jump on board" if I have enough pre-thought put into the activity (the creation of this forum is a good example- had I said one day; "Hmmm, I think I have a couple hundred hours to kill- why not start a forum?" I would likely be putting the cart ahead of the horse). If I wait until I actually have the time to start a "mission" and complete it all-in-one go, I'll never get it done- so I need to pick up bits and pieces as I go along and maybe, someday, decide if its worthwhile and if the time can be found for the next step.

Plus, I think setting up a machine to hog out a complete unit that would then only need some basic finishing (i.e. sanding and surface treatment) is pretty cool. I also don't like the Crosman Discovery and 2260 factory stocks- so I have some "personal motivation" in there as well. I have seen stocks being made in a production facility and it never ceases to amaze me that some guys are still hand-making them- not for their own use, but for sale.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

+ Reply to Thread