ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update- links to "other" forum will be allowed...

Update- links to "other" forum will be allowed...

The owner and I have come to some sort of 'understanding' in respect to the "old" forum- I am no longer banned as a result of pointing out the slippery slope going on of people being able to criticize me and/or my business but not being given an adequate mechanism to respond.

I am not totally clear on what the 'understanding' is or isn't- only that I am no longer banned from the other forum and as such, have no iron in the fire to continue on with past disagreements.

This forum will not be disappearing or otherwise be changed- but as a peace offering I won't continue to discourage interaction between the two.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I, for one, am glad some sort of arrangement has been made. Some of those comments made were just absolutely 'rude' (for lack of a better word). Eric, you have way more support from members on both forums than you could imagine. No one should make accusations based on a deal that 'they' thought were not in their best interest. You are one of the better online companies that I have dealt with. You answer my dumb questions and assure me of what can be done. Keep up the GREAT work you do in supporting and promoting this hobby!

Bartman

100%
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

When I saw your post on the QB 78 barrel, I must have looked at the post date and time about 20 times just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsgunworks View Post
    When I saw your post on the QB 78 barrel, I must have looked at the post date and time about 20 times just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.
    Well I had to be helpful somewhere. ;)

Seems there is a couple people attempting to gang-bang me- they are, based on some PMs I received, obviously buddies (they are in the same geographic area as well)- so I'm just putting the facts out there. Unfortunately, I think it's getting to be counterproductive when dealing with people who really need to take a step back and consider things. But hey, whatever if they're going to keep shoveling, I'm going to keep pointing things out.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Seems there is a couple people attempting to gang-bang me- they are, based on some PMs I received, obviously buddies......
    Weak.

But, I guess any group of people is like a barrel of apples.....most are good, but there's always some that ain't any good for anything but making applesauce.

You just keep being a good apple Eric, and S&A and this forum will keep getting the support they deserve!
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Eric it is nice to see you back on the old forum. This new forum has in my opinion been good for the Canadian Air Gun community. I hope it continues to prosper. A lot of the fighting that had been going on on the other forum seems to have stopped and I think it is because of this new forum showing how things should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastair View Post
    ... I think it is because of this new forum showing how things should be done.
    Possibly, or perhaps simply "competition" forced people to think about how things were going.

One thing I remember hearing years ago that seems to have proven true in general- people will fight alot harder to keep what they have than they will for something that could be gained but isn't guaranteed. In this example, the mere creation of a competitor and/or the situation going on at that time may have had people perk up. I believe lauchlin underlined this point initially to someone when he created his forum. Not trying to put words in his mouth by any means, but I believe that was likely the concept- he created another forum to show the "powers" at the old CAF that the world could change and someone perked up after this (here) forum was created and likely decided to bring lauchlin back into the "fold"- thereby eliminating one potential "competitor" and have him contribute his efforts to the old forum- i.e. a "win" for both- change is made which we would presume would be for the better for everyone and lauchlin gets to have his view/talents applied -i.e. perhaps a new perspective or energy to the old forum. Of course I could be dead wrong in that estimation and it may just have played out as it did for other reasons.

In any event, it also underlines that this forum, even if it never has 50,000 member or such- needs to be around as a "counterbalance" to the overall environment- at least in my estimation anyways.

I know that one of the main reasons I left "that place" is that they kept deleting my posts when I was defending you Eric. But that's old crap and it's far too late for them. Now that I have found this forum all is good again. Happy old B-day. I am sorry I'm late with that but at the time I was in capable of doing almost anything so now will have to do.
    Red.

+ Reply to Thread