ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cubs

Cubs

No Grouse today, although I did see four.... However, just 1 km. from home we saw these two little guys....

No sign of Mama, but I'm sure she wasn't far away....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Bob I think you should know where momma is or get out of there.
    She might use you as food.

We were in the Rhino, and the Cubs were about 50 yards away.... Diane kept a close eye out for Momma while I took the pic.... We never got out of the vehicle (and it was running and still in gear).... The other day when we were out, we had (a different) Momma and two cubs run across the road about 50 yards ahead of us.... As we were stopping to try and get a pic, another cub ran across right in front of us and up a tree about 10 yards away.... We didn't stick around long.... BTW, I installed a Klaxon (ahh-ooo-gah) horn in the Rhino, and the bears hate it.... When I blow it, they run like crazy away from us.... Interesting, because most car horns they pretty much ignore, although they don't usually approach a really loud horn.... We carry an air powered "sports" horn to (hopefully) discourage a bear, plus "bear bangers" (like a loud firecracker you can launch towards them), and then bear spray as a last resort.... We NEVER get near cubs when on foot....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    We NEVER get near cubs when on foot....

Bob
    Why not they seem so cuddly? I'm sure mommy would give you a nice big hug for looking after her cubs

+ Reply to Thread