ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2289 (kinda) Returning in October?

I work for a 'major' manufacturer that announces many new promising products as well. My philosophy has always been 'When I can walk in the warehouse and touch at least 2, it is available. If only 1, it may be a demo'. But, in any case, if the 2289 makes a comeback, put me down for at least one Eric. My other one is lonely.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    But, in any case, if the 2289 makes a comeback, put me down for at least one Eric. My other one is lonely.

Bart
    I think I might buy one too, I'd like to give the shorter barrel a try.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    It might be plausible that perhaps a great deal of Cosman's success the last 5-10 years has been a result of the failure of Daisy to do things beyond big-box sales(?).
    Do you think the new products Daisy/Winchester has come out with has something to do with that? I know it's all re-branded stuff and none of it is actually made by them but do you think they're trying to make a comeback?

The only thing Daisy has developed that is "new" that I am aware of was a re-do/bringback of the model 25 and a couple 880s with camo paintjobs. In my opinion, they are at the mercy of Wal-Mart and unless they start developing some new products, they will have problems. Seriously, how long can a company sell primarily only one rifle that goes for $20.00 on the big box store shelves and expect to grow or make more money?
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I would assume that since the "new" backpacker, with the 12" barrel, is rated at 480 fps in .22 cal it shouldn't need detuning for the Canadian market.... Since it is pistol based, and going over 500 fps is a PITA for most people, that might mean it could well be a good choice for a "shoot it the way you buy it" gun.... Of course if Crosman decide that to make sure some guy pumping it 30 times doesn't go over 500 fps and drill a hole in the valve like they did with the 2289, we'd be back to a 370 fps gun (or less) again....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

It will probable be nothing more than a 1322 with a removable stock and may (maybe) a longer barrel- if it comes to market. This is based on no information I have, other than this is what I can see coming out of it based on experience...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

FYI forum members. Pyramyd Air NOW has them in stock. Not sure how long it will take to get into Canada. Keep us informed Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    FYI forum members. Pyramyd Air NOW has them in stock. Not sure how long it will take to get into Canada. Keep us informed Eric!
    Anything new on this?? I'll take one. Hate to buy it from PA. I don't care about the 'accessory package'.

Bartman

Crosman is still calling it their "US Only, online product"- which is stupid because they are also letting Dick's carry them. So- as per usual, Crosman is ignoring Canada and waiting to see if Canadian Tire or WalMart want to see them.

That being said- seems Crosman was digging around in their warehouse and found a few units of un-shipped original 2289's. They should be here tomorrow- will be $109.99 each if anyone wants one.

+ Reply to Thread