ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 22xx tube bleed hole and Disco valve

Quote Originally Posted by Poor-man Plinker View Post
    So, serious Todd,
    Do you find the HPA more consistent than the CO2 was?
    Do you like the HPA... Get better numbers.... better grouping????
    For what it's worth, yes, I do find HPA much more consistent than Co2. Up here the temp varies from +30*C to -30*C (like you have to worry about that where you are!), but the velocity stays the same regardless.

As for numbers/grouping, you can get more power (consistently), and seeing as the velocity is steady, the groupings do benefit as a result (as long as I'm doing my part!)

It is alot more expensive to get set up for HPA, but worth it IMO.

????....Did I not answer fast enough?
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

We are cool Todd, i was just concerned that you might not be able to shake the pee off your shoe. I appreciate what your doing! Hang in there it is often difficult to seperate the tone from the intent. You are just just far enough ahead of me to keep it interesting so PLEASE keep posting. what you are doing is important to me. I have been told straight out that I would not be taken seriously (because of anonymity?). Don't let it grind you down. If for noone else keep posting for me!!!!!

It's all good, my friend!

it is often difficult to seperate the tone from the intent.
    I agree. The internet isn't the best place (for me, anyways) to convey feelings. Too easy to misinterpret, which is what I think (hope) is the case here.

If you REALLY want to learn the proper way of doing things though, you should stick with Rsterne, SeanMP, Gipetto, Eric (to name a few), as these are the guys I look up to for advice/knowledge. They know their stuff. I just read (and read, and read, and re....) and then do my "redneck, hillbilly" version! I don't have the fancy tools - or the $$$ to get them - or the knowledge to use 'em - so I make do the best I can. As long as I do it safely, everything else is irrelevant - I'm still having blast learning as I go!

Keep up your informative posts, also. I enjoy them alot! Can never have enough POV's. It's how we learn, right?

Cheers,
    Todd
    Todd

Jesus...if yer lookin up to me, you must be a short bugger.

Seriously...try things...try different things...even try things that don't make sense...doesn't matter one bit wheather you succeed each time, you'll learn something from the doing, and be the richer for it.

Never be embarassed to try. If someone criticizes you for trying...fork 'em and the horse they rode in on.

Keep yer head up Todd.

Al

Todd, stay in the game and keep trying things.... If we think you are coming to conclusions not warranted by the methodology you use, we'll tell you, hopefully politely.... On the other hand, if you come up with something new we haven't thought of, I'll be the first to congratulate you.... and then steal the idea....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

This seems to have gone quite a bit sideways based on my post that repeatable, consistent-condition results are the only real "proof"- and that in the case of someone using Co2 for this sort of experiment, the variability only goes up based on even slight changes in the temperature.

The idea was not to frustrate anyone into not experimenting with things, but only to experiment properly- not jump to conclusions without taking variables into account, and to hopefully not put up what are apparently incorrect assertion (I'm assuming it was a typo) such as "10fps" improvement becoming "10 per cent" improvement which can easily mislead someone who's trying to understand what is being stated. Experimentation is good (assuming it's safe).
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Hey, it's all good, guys! Thank you for the encouraging words, I do appreciate it.

I've been stressed to the max lately with some personal issues, and my head was in a bad place when I responded to Eric's post. It was wrong of me to do that...

@ Eric: As usual, your post was spot-on, and I had no right to jump to conclusions and babble on the way I did You have always conducted yourself and your forums in a very professional, yet laid-back manner which I admire and will do my best to not lower the inegrity of either in the future...Keep up the good work!

Last time I checked, this was an Airgun Forum, not a "cry-me-a-river/let's-talk-about-our-feelings" forum, so let's talk guns!!!

This concludes our "Oprah" section of the forum...back to your regular scheduled program...

Todd
    Todd

+ Reply to Thread