I was in a discussion on another forum about how the hammer creates an "air cushion" when it accelerates towards the valve, and different ways to remedy the problem (bleed hole drilled in tube, fluted hammers, etc...). Someone mentioned that 22xx tubes already had a bleed hole from the factory, so no need to worry about that. So, while I had my 2260 apart last night while I cut a notch in the hammer for the M-Rod trigger sear, I just happened to look at the bleed hole and noticed something interesting.

Now, most of you probably already knew this, and I'm just late getting to the party (as usual), but did you know that if you use a Disco valve in a 22xx tube, the factory bleed hole is useless? Well, I didn't! I knew about the bleed hole, but never even thought about the Disco valve being a little longer.

The end of depth gauge is where the end of Disco valve is. JUST long enough to cover the hole! And to think I've been using it like this for close to a year now. Needless to say, there is now a new, 3/16" dia hole right behind the factory one. Will find out tomorrow if it helps or not...

Todd