ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy Crowning Video

Easy Crowning Video

Awhile ago I made up a you tube video for a young lad on how to fix a bad crown. It's a quick and easy method and not meant to be the ultimate in re crowning techniques.

http://youtu.be/8PG-VHKfe0Y

In my experience most of the affordable off the shelf barrels can benefit to some degree from a little TLC on the crown.

Please ignore the references to "Jr". It's not meant to be diminutive, that's his forum name.
    Sean

Very good video!! I will be doing that to my son's gun tonight because so far the gun has NOT impressed me.
    Bill

What is crowning? And what will it do for the gun ?...........I feel like such a noob asking LOL

the crown is the trailing edge of the bore or the barrel. the cronw need to be perfectly debured and squared off as it's the last part to toutch the pelets as it exit the bore. anay problem with crown result in bad accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    Awhile ago I made up a you tube video for a young lad on how to fix a bad crown.<snip>[/I]
    Friggin' great video.....anyone who's been taught how to "ruin a crown" (AKA, Service folks), should take heed to this.

Somebody remind me to get the bench clamp from work, and charge my drill tomorrow....

Thanks, SeanMP!

(hope that's not your real name.........)

HS
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Sweet now I get it !!! Thanks for the explanation ....and great vidio on how to do the job!!! I love learning new things

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Sandwich View Post
    Thanks, SeanMP!

(hope that's not your real name.........)

HS

Hahahaha yup that's sort of my real name. My usual forum name is my initials SMP but this forum wanted 5 characters. So I expanded my first name.

Your welcome for the video folks. My apologies it would have been even better if the autofocus was actually auto focusing...I didn't notice it wasn't until it was posted
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread