ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new posts or active topics

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    Just trying to explore all the possibilities here

Fab, is it possible that the "auto logon" feature was set at the other forum. If that was so then you would be logged in every time you visited and you would see the new topics as soon as you opened the site.
    Hi Sean
    Good thought but that's not whats happening. Auto logon is not what is happeneing on the other forum. I still have to log in if I want to post or start a thread. And Eric is correct in saying that I do not see all of the posts or new threads, for example, I do not see the Buyer/seller feed back section of the forum and for the most part that does not interest me most of the time....I already know that Eric has good reviews and I don't need to see that on every visit....I'm sure it gives Eric's ego a boost everytime he see those posts...lol...just teasing Eric....but I am able to see the For Sale section which is an imortant section for me.

There are many other forums that I go to and most allow you to see a major part of the forum without having to log in but there are a few that I have to log into to see what is important to me and I guess this forum is one of them. It's not a really big deal and it adds a few seconds to my travels on the www. I just thought I would ask cus ya never know if there something I was missing.
    I have gone to the settings for my profile and have changed the color scheme and posting order and whatever else to my liking. Alas, I will have to just get over the having to log in thing and continue the way it is and I'm sure in the near future the forum will have lots to offer in the form of info that will help me get over my pet peeve...lol
    Really it's not a big deal, just thought I would ask.

Fab

Im not sure why you wouldnt just allow the site to remember you and save the hassle of signing in??? It automatic and saves time.

I have never been on any site that would allow viewing of new posts without being logged on. That is the purpose, so the site uses your account to see when you last visited and shows posts since your last visit.

The only function a site has that remembers you, is your IP adress and your account profile.

I have moderated many sites and run a few of my own, if you have any questions feel free to send me a message. Hope you continue to enjoy Erics site.

+ Reply to Thread