ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crosman 2240/1377 Grip Modification

Quote Originally Posted by sholo View Post
    Hi Doc,

At the risk of having Poor-man Plinker getting upset at me for hijacking his thread (sorry man!), here is a simple fix I used on a few of my 22xx grip frames. I switched the stock grip screws for some brass ones to add a bit of contrast, and drilled/tapped the bottom of grip frame to 6-32 and used one of the stock (black) grip screws in the bottom of shoulder stock. No more wobbling - solid as a rock! (Don't ask me why I put it on an angle, I just did...)

Only takes a few minutes and works extremely well!

Todd
    I'll try the padded tape thing as it's cheaper and easier (I am a bit lazy) but this might be the best solution since I prefer the mini-carbine length and style.

Quote Originally Posted by sholo View Post
    At the risk of having Poor-man Plinker getting upset at me for hijacking his thread... I switched the stock grip screws for some brass ones to add a bit of contrast, and drilled/tapped the bottom of grip frame...

Todd
    Yo Sholo. S'all good with me... One of these days I will have to buy a tap set. I would hate to keep things too simple he he he.

Hey Doc!!!
    Would two sets of 10 be OK. Si pero no again. The plunger will work in the 22xx and 13xx grip frame. It just will do nothing for the 1399 stock. Well, if you want to know how to make one with a grip screw, file and cordless drill I can tell ya.

I just did the padded tape thing on my 1701P and it's now tight and snug. I took about an inch, cut it in 2. A half-inch at the bottom, a half-inch at the top and everything is tight and nothing is moving now.

+ Reply to Thread