ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2260/M-Rod/AR2078LE Frankengun

A little help?

Again I am in over my head here... M-rod, P-rod 1700p parts, Disco, Datgo... I have done a little research on the Crosman/Benjamin site and read the posts here and on the Home forum and ITG (is it?). Could someone bring this down to beginner level.

Crosman site says the Maurder (Mrod?) pistol parts are not available and no EVP. I have seen the parts list for the trigger group/frame conversion on an earlier post and having a US ship to address I can usually order direct. What do the Mrod, Prod designations stand for? I am considering a 2240 platform trigger upgrade and wondered if there is more to know about it than just buying the mrod parts and Disco hammer assembly? It seems too straight forward to be true ha ha ha.

My thought is to go Hi pac on a 2250 tube and upgrade the trigger/hammer and slap a 24 inch .177 Bbl and 1399 stock on it. I have no restrictions where I live and do not have to worry about PAL stuff. I just do not want to think I understand what I read only to find that I misunderstood something important!!!

This thread has got me thinking.... I could do something "like" that.

Darned acronyms eh

MRod =Marauder rifle
    PRod = Marauder pistol

The trigger group should be available from Eric.

The rest is nearly as simple as your imagining. Of course there are likely to be minor fitment issues...thats normal. And if you buy anything other than the marauder hammer you will have to fill in the waist section as Bob detailed below
    Sean

Instead of filling in the waist in the hammer you could grind a groove in the bottom of the hammer from the waist to the back (well technically you don't even need to go all the way to the back, just as far as the hammer can travel and hit the sear).... You don't need to do both.... A 1/8" wide groove is wide enough, same depth as the waist is plenty.... That amount of hammer weight is not a big deal unless you are a power hog....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    Instead of filling in the waist in the hammer you could grind a groove in the bottom of the hammer from the waist to the back
    Bob
    Thanks, Bob. That's what I ended up doing last night after work, although my groove is about 3/16" - 1/4" wide (thinnest grinding wheel I had for the dremel).Went about 2/3 of the way back, at the same depth of waist, as you stated. Lost a hair over a gram (60.5 - 59.4). Smoothed the edges of notch with 1000 grit wet/dry, then polished to a mirror finish and reassembled. I just got home from work, so as soon as dinner is over I will top off bottle and give it a test (provided the "General" doesn't have anythimg for me to do). Fingers crossed...on both accounts!

Poor-man Plinker - ...I could do something "like" that...

It's no secret that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer compared to others (most) here, and if I can do it, safely I might add, there's no reason why you or anyone else can't - as long as you pay attention to what the "guru's" say...

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Sorry guys, Now I just have toooooo much information ha ha ha.

Back in May Bob wrote "I installed my PRod trigger group on my 2260 PCP Carbine Grouse Gun.... I used the hammer from a CH2009 (including the adjustable striker screw), and it works flawlessly.... By changing the hammer along with the trigger group, it becomes a bolt-in job, and with the hammer travel set at maximum (full in CCW) the velocity is unchanged from the 22XX trigger group and hammer.... I simply LOVE the 2-stage setup and the adjustablity.... and the far lighter trigger pull, especially when using a heavy hammer spring.... Anyone considering upgrading the trigger on their 22XX should have a look at the PRod trigger group and hammer assembly.... Part numbers are as follows:

PRod Trigger group - 2200-103 (mine didn't come with the safety ball and spring, but it should have, likely fell out before shipping)
    Hammer - CH2009A009
    Striker - 1763A036
    Acetal Pin - CH2009-023 (stops the striker from rotating - not necessary if you run it at max power - ie full CCW)

If you are using the trigger group on a 13XX, you will have to either modify your existing hammer as in the post above, or better yet, make a cylindrical one.... You will also need to file a small flat in the tube as above....

Bob "

So in my 2240/50 application can I use the PRod (Pistol parts with frame?) and the CH2009 hammer assembly as numbered above (sorry about saying Disco hanmmer before, too much info he he). If I need to get the Maurder hammer; does anyone have the part numbers for the PRod hammer, or, will the MRod hammer parts work?

This really soes make me feel dumber than a bag of hammers - No offence to anyone with a handle with the word hammer in it.

Thanks a lot....

Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    Instead of filling in the waist in the hammer you could grind a groove in the bottom of the hammer from the waist to the back
    Bob
    Bingo!!!

Did just that, reassembled after drilling a new bleed hole that would actually bleed air off, and I'm back to where I was before (10 fps more, actually)
    Life is good now!

Thanks for the advice, Bob!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

+ Reply to Thread