ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger adjustment screw access on B/S Trail NP All Weather

Trigger adjustment screw access on B/S Trail NP All Weather

Hey there
    Is it possible to adjust the trigger adjust screw in the AW without taking it out of the stock?
    As far as I can see the only screw I can access is the big Phillips head that holds the stock on.
    Which has a handy little cutout placed/cut into the stock itself.
    Another question...
    If there is no access without dis-assembly the stock seems skookum enough to handle
    having a small access hole drilled into/through the trigger guard above that screw no?
    I have no cares about resale value as I'll be keeping the gun until it croaks or I do.

The "adjustment" is waste of time anyways- more for cosmetics than real functionality- to get a better trigger you need to replace it outright. Beyond that, if you want to try it, I don't see drilling a small hole in the trigger guard being unsafe. Or you could try one of those right-angled screwdrivers.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by shotputter View Post
    the stock seems skookum enough to handle
    having a small access hole drilled into/through the trigger guard above that screw no?
    Wait till you have the modded/replacement trigger blade in place, then drill a hole in the necessary spot for adjustment.
    In reality, you can set your trigger with the action out of the stock, then reassemble. Set and forget as it were. And that's totally skookum (LOL, having not lived in BC for 30 yrs I haven't used that word too much.)
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

First_Can_o_Pellets.jpgThanks gents!
    As for replacement I'll hazard a guess you are meaning the clone/not a clone GTX Gen II Trigger for B18/Crosman/Gamo?
    I think that will be the next order I make once the wife cools down after all the recent CC purchases....
    The gun is shooting okay (see attached) already. The target was at 10.1 meters.
    Just wish I was not guessing when it's going to actually fire.
    Last edited by shotputter; Sep 07 2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to add distance from target

Agreed...that guessing part is for the birds.

I've installed three of the GTX triggers and I couldn't be happier. Best mod going for the B18/19
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    Agreed...that guessing part is for the birds.

I've installed three of the GTX triggers and I couldn't be happier. Best mod going for the B18/19
    X2.

I put one on my Trail and you wouldn't even think it was the same gun. I actually like the gun now!

Todd
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

Ho there shotputter, If your gun is new and you also get the GTX from da tuna there is a way to lighten the trigger spring a little. This may be contraversial, however, it worked for me. If we are even talking about the same trigger group product...
    Being happy with the GTX, but, just wanting to lighten the trigger slightly, I put a tie wrap around the trigger and pulled it tight to compress the spring. Charlie does not condone or approve any spring lightening techniques, however, after compressing the new spring for a couple weeks it started to feel like a well used trigger group and still has plenty of spring tension. Yep, boy howdy, Any farm boy out there got any easier way to complete the task with so little effort?

Thanks.
    Well order for the trigger (that will change my life) just went through.
    Scored a couple cans of the pellets people seem to be raving about in these rifles as well.
    So far it's really seemed to work with the Crosman Premiere HP's. Let's see what the Discovery HP's will do.

Just to throw it out (again)- the "clone" or "copy" is not the GTX II (Woodward) trigger- he is the originally designer. His former partner/salesman "CharliedaTuna" on the breakup of their business dealings, produced the GRT III and started calling the original a "copy". Since then both have produced their own, original products as well- the B18/B19 "genuine" trigger is the GTX II, not the other version(s) out there...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

You will hopefully pardon me on this.
    I was rather overwhelmed by the insane amount of webpages to go through and the
    rather diverse opinions out there.
    To be honest I'm only truly interested in it's ability to improve on the rifles trigger pull/feel.
    Just want to make the gun do what I want when I need it to. :)

+ Reply to Thread