ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bringing out of storage

Bringing out of storage

Hi Guys,

Well technically my guns haven't been away in storage but more like sitting on a shelf in a closet in my spare room under a towel for about 6 months. Should I do anything as far as oiling them?

I put a small drop of chamber oil in the compression port on my crosman phantom and quest. I also used two small drops of non detergent 20wt motor oil in the oil holes on my daisy bb guns as per the manual. I also oiled the few spots on my pumpmaster 760 with pellgunoil.

When finished I wiped them all down with a silicone cloth. Does this all sound good? I dint do anything with the barrel's as I don't think they need a cleaning.

Thanks

Jeremy

What you need now is to get out shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Hi Guys,

Well technically my guns haven't been away in storage but more like sitting on a shelf in a closet in my spare room under a towel for about 6 months. Should I do anything as far as oiling them?

I put a small drop of chamber oil in the compression port on my crosman phantom and quest. I also used two small drops of non detergent 20wt motor oil in the oil holes on my daisy bb guns as per the manual. I also oiled the few spots on my pumpmaster 760 with pellgunoil.

When finished I wiped them all down with a silicone cloth. Does this all sound good? I dint do anything with the barrel's as I don't think they need a cleaning.

Thanks

Jeremy
    Shine a light down the barrel if there's no rust (if you oiled them they shouldn't show any sign of it) shoot away!

+ Reply to Thread