ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone who works at scopesandammo.com post here

anyone who works at scopesandammo.com post here

looking for information on products.

Email was a fail
    Phone call was a fail
    Last resort before it becomes too much hassle to order form them.

Thanks all

Your questions about the FTP kit should be essentially satisfied with the answers in the question you posted on the forum here. Beyond that, the maximum power that can be obtained from any product using the FTP is what the "American" version of said product would obtain- the point of the FTP, as outlined, is not a "maximum power" situation but a "save pumps" situation.

Also, your email came in two days ago, your telephone call about 2 hours ago, served on top of the answers provided here in the last couple of days and I think the assertion of "fail" might be a tad off the mark.

One thing people need to understand in general is that I will not get into a five email back-forth with paragraphs of information and hours of effort for information that can be obtained in the online forums rather easily- with a more rounded opinion from numerous people- not just my opinion, which is by default always going to be questioned as a result of selling the product.

How does this relate? When I say "you will get, maximum, the same amount of power the US version of the product outputs" the next question is "why isn't the valve modified for flow and so on" and then the response would be "because unless using a .22 caliber 24" barrel and adding other parts, valve flow improvements will gain you nothing..." which then begs the question "what do you mean/why is this" and so on ad infinitum- all of which can be found in the forums. An encyclopedia of knowledge is available in the airgun forums- and we are not in a position of re-writing the encyclopedia for every email request. Sometimes people either need to go looking, or take a bit of a leap of faith and do their own experimenting.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Some people like to rag on others because they are too lazy to look it up themselves. A little bit of looking around this forum and he will find out how helpful you are. I don't think there is anyone on this fourm you have not helped.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Your questions about the FTP kit should be essentially satisfied with the answers in the question you posted on the forum here. Beyond that, the maximum power that can be obtained from any product using the FTP is what the "American" version of said product would obtain- the point of the FTP, as outlined, is not a "maximum power" situation but a "save pumps" situation.

Also, your email came in two days ago, your telephone call about 2 hours ago, served on top of the answers provided here in the last couple of days and I think the assertion of "fail" might be a tad off the mark.

One thing people need to understand in general is that I will not get into a five email back-forth with paragraphs of information and hours of effort for information that can be obtained in the online forums rather easily- with a more rounded opinion from numerous people- not just my opinion, which is by default always going to be questioned as a result of selling the product.

How does this relate? When I say "you will get, maximum, the same amount of power the US version of the product outputs" the next question is "why isn't the valve modified for flow and so on" and then the response would be "because unless using a .22 caliber 24" barrel and adding other parts, valve flow improvements will gain you nothing..." which then begs the question "what do you mean/why is this" and so on ad infinitum- all of which can be found in the forums. An encyclopedia of knowledge is available in the airgun forums- and we are not in a position of re-writing the encyclopedia for every email request. Sometimes people either need to go looking, or take a bit of a leap of faith and do their own experimenting.
    So what you're trying to say is that you don't actually have time to answer each and every questions we have about each and every airgun and the tuning of said each and every airgun available in past or present? Come on!?!?! That's only a few thousand airguns! You gotta know them by heart don't you? Geez...

I was kidding of course! I always have found very helpfull and generous with your time and you went out of your way for me and I will forever be grateful for it. I'm sure I'm not alone here who has received outstanding service from you.

Searching a topic for yourself before sending emails and calling people seems to be a minimum and shows that you are really interested in the product and it will help you (when you've reached that step) ask the good questions to the good people without wasting anyones time.

everybody has been very helpful here and at the store. However, it is news to me that valve changes make little difference except in .22 with a barrel over 24 in. I quess I do not mean to be lazy. I am still working my way through all the posts on this site since I joined. I find a lot of information on the internet that is later disputed.... So?

I have been collecting and then attempting to authenticate data from the internet and other sources for 2 years. I imagine poor Pharoah has just started his research. Perhaps when we have as many years and practical experiences as you guys we can help others. For now we can barely wipe our own a holes, never mind lube a pistol.

Please forgive us our tresspasses, Well forgive me anyway, even if Pharoah has a off-beat sense of humor. So do I, I am afraid

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    bazinga.jpg

My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

OK Hammer, Perhaps we have personality disorders... I have always wondered why "they" did not give me disability benefits to compensate for my malidy.

I just call a "burn" when I see one.........I've never been all that impressed with people who come into someone else's house, and complain about the color of the drapes.

(Just my 2 cents)
    My YouTube channel: Tactical Fail Inc.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerSa...9?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Poor-man Plinker View Post
    everybody has been very helpful here and at the store. However, it is news to me that valve changes make little difference except in .22 with a barrel over 24 in. I quess I do not mean to be lazy. I am still working my way through all the posts on this site since I joined. I find a lot of information on the internet that is later disputed.... So?

I have been collecting and then attempting to authenticate data from the internet and other sources for 2 years. I imagine poor Pharoah has just started his research. Perhaps when we have as many years and practical experiences as you guys we can help others. For now we can barely wipe our own a holes, never mind lube a pistol.

Please forgive us our tresspasses, Well forgive me anyway, even if Pharoah has a off-beat sense of humor. So do I, I am afraid
    The thing is you DO your research and ask for clarification once you have an idea of what you're talking about.

It's like asking how to tune a '69 Chevelle without knowing what a carburator is or does. When you tell me I need to change the jetting I'll be puzzled and will only have more questions.

You will get no grief from me about Pharaoh being a disagreeable cus. I think, maybe he was having a bad day and mistakenly used the forum to vent his frustration. We all have our moments. I do not have to like the guy to tolerate his frailties.
    However, we (maybe not you guys, but, I) can thank him for starting the safe-lube thread that is producing some interesting discussion. Again, perhaps this is all old news to you and in my 2 years of research (I have over compiled and rewritten 400 pages of typed info on airguns) these are new thoughts to me.
    So thumbs down for whining; But, thumbs up for asking the stupid/unresearched oiling question.
    He too might be new to forums and not understand their use and protocol... How do we encourage asking good questions of the new and impatient youth who just bought their first $60 ait gun????????

+ Reply to Thread