ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAQ Stocks

DAQ Stocks

I ran across a notice from Dennis Quackenbush on the Green Forum that he was making a run of stocks for a Crosman 160 (IIRC) and for people to contact him if interested.... I called him to inquire if he did stocks for the Disco and he didn't, but he had two left over from a run of QB stocks he did a while back, so I bought them ($45 each!).... He does the occasional run of stocks as a "hobby" and the basic shape is the same as on his Bandit/Exile series and they are in black walnut and weigh 2.2 lbs. (6 oz. heavier than a Disco stock).... I needed two stocks for my 2260 and 2560 reversed tank HPAs, so they had to be shortened.... Unfinished stocks were ideal, and here they are....

They are supplied rough carved to shape, and the inletting was a touch tight for a QB trigger group, but would have taken only some sanding to work.... I had to make the hole wider to fit the 2260 trigger groups, and it was a bit long at the back, and also a bit deep, covering the safety.... I carved the slot wider, inlet the top to miss the forward part of the trigger group, thinned the bottom of the stock to uncover the safety, and then cut the tip off the forearm and fitted a small piece of wood into the back of the trigger slot on the bottom to cover the hole.... I glued that in with 5 minute epoxy and sanded it off, and you have to look close to see it.... It doesn't even show in the above photos....

The forearm has to be shortened a lot, I have to find a suitable buttplate, and then they need sanding and finishing.... However, to be truthful, I don't know how Dennis can even buy the wood for the price he sell the stocks.... I think it's the bargain of the year....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

No kidding that is the deal of the year.

Last time I bought a blank it was $20 a foot for 10/4
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread