ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beautiful Alternative

Beautiful Alternative

I just received my new inletted Boyd's Blaster stock in Nutmeg from Norm at DiscosRus.... I was like a kid at Christmas as I carefully unwrapped it and shouldered it for the first time.... Here's why....

I ordered the Blaster instead of the Featherweight because of the higher cheekpiece and more pronounced pistol grip, and I was delighted with my decision.... The stock is so well balanced you hardly notice the increase in weight over the Disco stock.... My Disco stock weighs 1 lb. 13 oz, and the inletted Blaster (unfinished) weighs 3 lb. 2 oz., so 1 lb. 5 oz. heavier.... but IMO, worth every ounce.... I love the nice swell in the forearm, right where I normally hold the stock.... and Norm's inletting was first rate.... I didn't have him put in the gauge hole as I didn't know at the time if I needed it, but that is an easy thing to add myself (and one of the reasons I asked him to leave it unfinished)....

Bravo to Norm for giving us a much needed source for stocks for the Disco.... This stock can also be inletted for the MRod, and I understand Norm will be doing that shortly....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Man that's a beautiful stock Bob. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I'm sure someone could make a decent living just cranking out stocks for the disco and the Mrod
    Sean

That this is gorgeous, what's the price tag on one of those? I like the fact it comes unfinished.

Norm sells them either way.... $155 inletted, $195 finished, plus S&H.... He also carries the Featherweight and can get them in any of Boyd's available laminate colours.... I think he stocks the Featherweight in Pepper, Camo, and Nutmeg.... just email him from the website www.discosrus.net ....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

+ Reply to Thread