ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retained Air Pumper or PCP With An Onboard Pump?

To convert a 2240 to HPA you also need to fasten the valve properly into the tube if you are filling the tube directly, and seal it to the tube with O-rings.... The HiPac is a much simpler route, although I have always done the direct fill method using a Disco valve secured in the tube with three 8-32 screws....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Thank you all for your expertice,

This discussion just gets more interestiing... Well Sean, is Bob correct about the O-ring addition to the valve? Would the silicone grease stop the LPA from passing the valve and just wasting away. I had actually considered the fill end cap conversion, but, could not get past machining the valve for an O-ring. In my caveman mentality I had envisioned beveling the check valve body and the stem valve body to form a groove for placing an o-ring and quickly dismissed that idea.

In Costa Rica we are unregulated; there is just no reliable machine shop access, but, I can purchase silicone grease he he he.

As for the Hipac: Gippeto is clearing up my misunderstandings, PM. It does seem like a reasonable upgrade. Since I will be hand pumping, smaller tube means fewer pumps for more pressure.

You guys are the best. On a side note: I have visited around the BC, Canada area several times and I really like the culture/social climate. Whenever I returned state side I would always comment: "If not for the weather, I would move to Canada, I really love the people." Thank you for reinforcing my belief that Canadians are the kindest people in the world.

Lol...Yes indeed he is correct. I forgot that the 2240 seals on the caplet. When I did it I changed the valve....and I forgot that. My apologies.

If your very limited in machine shop services I would go the HiPac route. User installed, no fuss or muss. I always forget that not everyone has the ability to make small changes as they go. I've seen a kit offered for bulking 2240's 50's 60's

Ummm this guy...halfway down the page

http://www.bryanandac.com/Bulkair.htm

I have zero experience with this kit just remembered seeing it
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread