ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

View Poll Results: Which gun is the best?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • cdnairgunner Custom 38T

6 30.00%
  • Notec Custom QB

3 15.00%
  • Rolfy Custom 2240

1 5.00%
  • rsterne Custom 2250

2 10.00%
  • Dukemeister Custom AR2078LE

2 10.00%
  • Gippeto Custom 2550

3 15.00%
  • paddyfritz Custom 22xx Carbine

3 15.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contest Poll- Vote here...

Contest Poll- Vote here...

Ok, well here is my custom CO2 entry..... Most of you guys have seen it by now. It's a Crosman 38T rebarreled in .22. It has valve work, a slab barrel shroud, sight rail/rib, tuned trigger, a 10 shot .357 magazine drilled to .22, custom target grips and a polished finish. All the work was done by me. Thanks for the consideration and for posting the contest.

Attachment 606
    Attachment 605
    Attached Images Attached Images

Attachment 607Attachment 608This is my .177 QB tack driver. I put the bulk air tube on it, modified a springer stock to fit the action topped off with a Alpen 3x9x32 scope.

My first attemp at making a shooter better. 2240 - 14in. barrel - 3in. brass muzzle - Iagent walnut target grips. Sighting gear changes from 2.5 pistol scope to a 3x9x40 Leapers or a Tactedge R/G dot. Super accurate to 50yds.Attachment 609Attachment 610Attachment 611

1750 DPH Record Setter - 600+ FPE From 12 gr. CO2

Well, other than a nearly stock 1740, this is the only CO2 gun I have, so here goes.... I built it about three years ago, when Ken (ustilago) was making his Dual Power Hammers (DPH) for the 13XX and 22XX series guns.... This gun is a 2250 carbine, converted to an 18" long .177 barrel, and set up with a DPH, which allows full power, or reduced power (and great economy) depending on which of two hammer cocking positions you choose.... Here is a photo of the completed gun....

1750 DPH.jpg

While it may not look spectacular, the devil is in the details.... Yeah, it has a brass muzzle brake and barrel band I made, and the brass DPH.... and the skeleton stock has been customized to work better with the 2-7 x 32 AO Fitco scope.... However, it's the way this gun shoots that makes it special.... By playing with the low power range on the DPH (which incorporates an RVA) I was able to get the valve to be self-regulating over a WIDE range of temperatures.... What I mean is, the velocity stays relatively constant regardless of temperature.... Here is the proof....

1750 DPH9 Various Temps.jpg

On the "high power" setting, as the temperature falls, the velocity decreases, just as we would expect with CO2.... However, on the "low power" setting, the way I have it adjusted, the velocity is nearly the same (520-530 fps) at 46*F and 62*F, and only slightly LOWER (500-520 fps) at 75*F.... The gun also shoots about 500 fps right out of the fridge at about 35*F.... What changes with temperature is the number of shots, and that, again, is something pretty special.... It turns out that I was the first (and to my knowledge still the only) person to get over 600 FPE total energy from a single 12 gram CO2 powerlet.... this from Steve in NC (of HDD fame), who managed to get 552 FPE, and that was at 79*F.... At 75*F, I regularly get about 130 shots before the velocity drops off, at an average of about 510 fps with 7.9 gr. JSB Express pellets.... OH!, and by the way.... It will stuff them into one ragged hole all day at 10M if I do my part....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

My entry, customized AR2078 “Erica”

I got the CO2 bug last year, marking the end of a 52 year exclusive to springers. This rifle has been the most fun to customize and tune and thanks to the various forums and mainly to the good people on this forum for making this come about. I named it “Erica” after our founder and because I name all my guns “Eric”, after Michael Palin although you don’t need a licence for a non-PAL rifle. Details: Customized to bulk fill, and run tethered to a 20 oz CO2 bottle. Brass barrel band, oversize bolt handle, brass muzzle weight w/air stripper, Fitco 6-24 x40 AO scope modded to focus at 7 yards-infinity. Internal mods: Polished hammer, bolt, and leade; new seals throughout, custom undersized TP seal to keep it under 500 fps, 2 setscrews in barrel at breach, and a few custom dings in the stock (my bad). I’m really happy with this rifle, it’s very consistent at 480 fps (75F CO2, JSB Exact RS) and rested it will put 5 shots into a single hole at 10 yards. It likes the JSB RS, not so good on CPHP. The first picture is as it was stock from S&A, second with barrel weight, the next pictures as it sits now:
    Member, Limestone Beekeepers Guild
    Duke ))))----//----------==

Converted my 2250 to a 2550 using one of the .25 Marauder barrels purchased from Eric. As I understand, these barrels are made by Green Mountain in the US for Crosman...they sure are a nicer product to work with. Kept the o-ring seal as used in the Marauder (o-ring is in the barrel rather than on the bolt) which greatly simplified the manufacture of the flow through bolt. Bolt handle is 316 stainless. Scope is a Leapers 3-9x32, reciever is a standard Crosman unit. Have done the "standard" polish/lube/spring replacement with the trigger group...not bad, but I think it needs a shoe. Have yet to decide whether to shorten the barrel or fit the barrel band...I like it the way it is...for now. :)

The stock is of my own design/manufacture, and incorporates an RVA into the stock mount. (pic is of the RVA on my 2289, but this one is identical)

The same hex wrench used to remove the stock and loosen the adjustment lock is used to make the adjustment. A cone profile helps to guide the wrench into the grub screw.

2240/2260 carbine

My 2240 converted into a 2260 carbine. It has a C.B. breach, custom bolt, ventilated lower hand guard, bedliner wood grips, 19 inch barrel, adjustable stock, and a restricted transfer port.

Contest Poll- Vote here...

All qualified entries are posted above. Some have been edited and one had to be removed as it was not an actual "gun" but a project at the early stages of construction.

Voting will end Sunday, August 19.

Well, congratulations to cdnairgunner and his slab-sided 38T.... Well done!!!!.... You won by a mile, buddy !!!

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

X2...Congrats!

Al

+ Reply to Thread