ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big thumbs down for this person...

Big thumbs down for this person...

Despite having many opportunities to post negative things about buyers, I rarely do. In this case, this person is worthy of an exception- they are either too lazy to sort out an issue they authored or are pulling a scam- I have no idea which.

Name: Carl Clunis with an address in Mississauga, Ontario and an alternate address in Oakville.

Sent an order through our store with one name on the credit card, another on the shipment, and two completely different physical addresses- one in Mississauga, one in Oakville. Email address was a "freebie" -i.e. a Hotmail address and the telephone number was a cell phone. Essentially, this order had "potential fraud" written all over it.

We always attempt to give people the benefit of the doubt, so instead of outright rejecting the order, this person was called and left a message that we needed the credit card number again and the address that matches the credit card statement. When he called back, it was clarified that the shipment could only be sent to the address attached to the credit card, no other. He repeated that he would like the shipment sent elsewhere, and was again instructed this was not going to occur if the order was to be sent.

So, shipment was sent to the address attached to the credit card, with two names on it- the cardholder's and the other that was provided. Turns out that neither in our online system or in the discussion with him did he mention there was an apartment number (credit card processors don't check this). So, he claims, package has never arrived. Canada Post claims it was, in fact, delivered- and are investigating where exactly it was delivered- i.e. to the building superintendent or left in a locked mailbox. However, this person seems bent upon not asking their superintendent about it, or doing anything else except demand that we either send everything again or issue a complete refund- to the tune of nearly $300.00 worth of goods.

Of course, despite being asked for the exact address and the credit card, and multiple statements of it not being able to be shipped anywhere else but the address matched to the card- which they did not as it turns out provide in full, this person cannot seem to get it through their head that they may be at fault on this. Not sure if it's because they have a serious cognitive impairment or are attempting to pull a scam.

In any event- beware anyone with the name "Carl Clunis". I have no idea if they visit the online forums/if they have an online username.

Eric, that is really bad luck. One day you will retire, like many of us, and look back at those events with the same disgust. He he he.

My personal opinion is that he is cognitively impaired and would have to be even to attempt to pull a scam. That said;

I too have used different bill to and ship to addresses and have have seen fit to keep my identy private on occasion. Yet, for legimate and lawful reasons.

You shipped to me and got paid by me! I have faith that this mystery will be resolved and the holder of the package will soon enough be identified, with patience, my friend in arms.

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Not sure if it's because they have a serious cognitive impairment or are attempting to pull a scam.
    I would say both LOL, sorry of seeing it happening to you. I'm not sure I could manage that kind of thing if I was in business like you. I would probably end up asking where he wants it shipped and send him a box of poop or a bomb.

Well Eric?

I don't know about anyone else, but, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    What ever became of the order by the proverbial "bag of hammers"? Did you find it? Did the Apartment supervisor locate the recepient? Did you just let the whole thing slip through the cracks?

The 'buyer' was refusing to do anything- i.e. check with the superintendent or such, and Canada Post has not yet finished its "investigation".
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Ya Canada Post isn't particularly quick. I received a damaged order from paddyfritz, he made a claim for 50% damaged and they said it would take X time to do the investigation, a week after the delay and we had not heard from CP so they we're contacted again and since they were late they issued a full refund.

Update on this funny situation- seems the 'building manager' brought the package to their door a couple days ago. So, instead of going to the 'office' to see about it as they had been asked to do originally, they just sit on their ass apparently and got "lucky". Goes to show you that some people really do seem to feel "entitled" (apparently getting out of one's chair to either find or call the superintendent is too much).

Of course, now that the package has turned up, they have other issues- so we'll see what happens next...
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    Update on this funny situation- seems the 'building manager' brought the package to their door a couple days ago. So, instead of going to the 'office' to see about it as they had been asked to do originally, they just sit on their ass apparently and got "lucky". Goes to show you that some people really do seem to feel "entitled" (apparently getting out of one's chair to either find or call the superintendent is too much).

Of course, now that the package has turned up, they have other issues- so we'll see what happens next...
    What kind of weirdo buys a new airgun (or whatever it is they bought from you) and doesn't go looking for it? If it was me I would have went knocking on EACH AND EVERY DOOR of that appartement building asking for my package! I sit on the curb all day waiting for my mailman to come when I'm expecting a package and will chase him down if I have to to get it!

+ Reply to Thread