ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Forums, Airguns and Crosman Mods

New to Forums, Airguns and Crosman Mods

Greetings and Thank You in advance,

I go by Art and I have 10 years background in firearm accessorizing, repairs, sales, plinking and personal best target training. A little over 2 years ago I moved to Costa Rica and ranges and guns are hard to come by so I have turned my shoolting interests to airguns which are legal and unrestricted here.

I have done so much research that I am beginning to compile the information I found in books and on the internet into an encyclopedia of sorts. This all started with a couple pellet guns from Crosman (2240 and 1377) and a little help from Eric. If at any time you take offence to my nievette or ignorance you can credit Eric for getting me started with a 2250 conversion kit and invited me to the forum.

I am hooked and because of my limited resources I have become quite the hardware store mod parts officianado. If necessity is the mother of invention: desperation is its father. I can use all the help I can get from you machinest types out there. To begin with I find myself at a loss to name the metal working file that has two different roughnesses (one on each side) and which brand or type one would usually recommend for "finish" work.

I am also hoping the forum administrator will give me permission to reprint the glossary of terms posted on the home page?

Art of 2240

Welcome Art. :)

Regarding the files...have never seen a file with different sides to it, but "there are stranger things in heaven and in hell...."

Dug this up for ya, may or may not be of any help.

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...iling_2006.pdf

Al

Hello Art

Welcome to the forum. I'm really glad Eric got you over here

I believe the file your trying to find is called "a 4 in hand" file or a "2 in hand" or more simply a combination file. Go with a 4 in hand if you want the do-it-all version. Many axe files have a dual cut as well
    If your thinking of the one with the handle formed as part of the file then your looking for a "Farmers Own" with a dual cut
    For finish work a single cut file in "smooth"
    Sean

Thank you Al,

The link is a great help.

It appears my granpa had some double cut, blunt, flat files with a bastard cut on one side and a second cut on the other. Now I have 2 of my own.

I look forward to more feedback from you in the future,
    Art.

"The more I know, the more I know that I don't know."

Yes, Thank you too Sean,

Upon closer inspection I have a couple of "Farmers Own." I love them for my Caveman Tune-ups.

I am working up my first tune-up blurb on the 13/22XX pistol grips. Down-home style with a butter knife, a chip of cinder block and a tube of caulking.

Still gottta figur out how to use the camera, never mind the photobucket. Heck, I don't even have a profile here yet. ha ha ha

Art,

"The more I know, the more I know that I don't know."

+ Reply to Thread