ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backyard Range Taking Shape

Hybrid View

Todd, I envy all the space you have for shooting. That is a really nice set-up you have there.

Do you shoot off of bean bags? Are you going to incorporate a forearm rest into the bench? I know bench rest shooting is not like off hand shooting, but, is great for actually seeing what the gun will do at its best.

Someday I will post a pic of my luxury bench ha ha ha. I sit iin a plastic patio chair and have a bag of rice sitting on the rung of a step ladder. I used a lazer level to get the target in line with the muzzle. Happy shooting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poor-man Plinker View Post
    Todd, I envy all the space you have for shooting. That is a really nice set-up you have there.

Do you shoot off of bean bags? Are you going to incorporate a forearm rest into the bench? I know bench rest shooting is not like off hand shooting, but, is great for actually seeing what the gun will do at its best.

Someday I will post a pic of my luxury bench ha ha ha. I sit iin a plastic patio chair and have a bag of rice sitting on the rung of a step ladder. I used a lazer level to get the target in line with the muzzle. Happy shooting!!!
    LOL...you live in Costa Rica and you're envious of MY shooting space? Oh, man - I would trade any day! (at least for the winter months)

My "bean bag" (you're going to love this) is actually a car jack with the top piece from a monopod threaded into it! As hokey as it sounds, it actually works quite well to adjust the elevation. Not sure if I will incorporate a forearm rest into the bench or not. Probably not, as (like you said) about the only time I use the rest is when I'm dialing the gun in, rest of the time I shoot offhand.

As for your luxury bench - whatever works! I use the ladder (or the roof of the car) for my chrony stand.

Cheers for now,
    Todd

PS - I love your screen name, BTW. In case you haven't figured it out, it pretty much describes me to a T!
    Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweatty things!

+ Reply to Thread