ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone suggest a good set of 30mm scope rings that dont cost a fortune?

Can anyone suggest a good set of 30mm scope rings that dont cost a fortune?

Perhaps some adjustable rings for the guys like me that pretend to be long range snipers behind their non pal toy pellet guns

The leapers set I have are so out to lunch, I dont know why, but I have to shim the one mount in order to keep them parralell. And still the scope sits canted off the action and slightly crooked. There is only so much I feel I can do with a file and shim stock!

While on the topic of scope rings... could I divert question to scopes?

I like my leapers 8-32X50mm swat scope, but after looking through some bushnell and vortex scopes at max power, I can't help but be envious of the clarity. But its hard to beat leapers bang for the buck.
    I tried a bushnell banner 6-24X44, I found it more clear then my leapers and on max zoom, it was a little brighter plus I could focus alot easier which would be cool for range finding for my back yard solo "FT" competitions against my self......
    However the banner had about 17 moa of adjustment in either direction which makes it hard to dial in shots for my 40-90 yard shooting endeavers.
    Leapers has over 25.

So I guess I am asking, do you know of any scopes that have a mildot reticle, wide range of adjustment, good AO adjustment (doesnt have to be sidewheel), good glass... but not extremely expensive lol I know, can I get a silver ring that costs as much as a cedar door shim.
    Just asking :)

The centerpoint 4-16 AO Adventure Series that Eric sells is pretty nice. I really like mine and Hammer raved about his in a review on this forum.

Sorry I got nadda on the rings. In my experience adjustable + quality = big bucks
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread