ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quarter-bore Diana - Collector Alert

Quarter-bore Diana - Collector Alert

Diana are going to be producing some .25 cal springers.... Check out this thread....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/18447...%26quot%3B+cal.

Looks like it might be an opportunity to get in on a very special rifle.... or two, or ten.... Not my bag, but maybe yours?....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

I'd love to have one but just can't get past the cost of .25 pellets.

I think I would rather spend the $$$ on a 56 th with a t06 trigger in .22 and add a vortek pg2...

Bruce

There are a couple of .25 cal pellets available for about 4 cents each, the H&N Baracuda and Spitzkugel, which when compared to the 3 cents+ for .22 pellets of the same type, isn't that pricey, really.

Of course, the bigger question is- how well will these .25 cal Diana's actually shoot? There certainly seems to be a price premium on them.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Quote Originally Posted by AirGunEric View Post
    There are a couple of .25 cal pellets available for about 4 cents each, the H&N Baracuda and Spitzkugel, which when compared to the 3 cents+ for .22 pellets of the same type, isn't that pricey, really.

Of course, the bigger question is- how well will these .25 cal Diana's actually shoot? There certainly seems to be a price premium on them.
    I suspect the power plant does not have the volume to really make the .25 that much of a benefit. I noticed the publish velocity numbers are somewhat low. But that is a lot of lead to put on a target. I also like the large number of pellets available in .22 makes it easier to find that one that works best in your gun.

a .25 would be so nice to have... but not for me at this time.

Bruce

+ Reply to Thread