ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brocock Concept opened up.

Brocock Concept opened up.

Well I decided to put a depinger in as the ping is pretty much as loud as the shot itself. So I took a few pictures. I will eventually take it apart as far as possible and take lots of pics since there is nothing like it anywhere else.

I only took it partially apart since I could not find a small enough punch, and I am unsure as how to remove the valve from the air tube since it is in the tube instead of on the end.

If anybody could give me some advise on this I would be very happy. I have included a few pics so you guys can get a bit of a preview.

Rear cap, spring and hammer.

As you can see, the front that actually hits the valve stem is thread and I assume can be moved in and out with the spring guide in the back. Is it possible that power could be fine tuned by adjusting it?

The trigger/sear mechanism is pretty cool. When cocked, a ball bearing fits in to the groove in the front of the hammer. The ball bearing pushes down on one side of the sear? and the trigger latches on the other side. I will get better pics of this when I get a punch tomorrow.

there ball bearing pushes down on the right side and I pushed the sear down so that the contact point with the trigger is brought up for a picture.

And here is the valve. The black ring is part of the tube and the valve pushes against it.

And here it is from the pressurized portion of the tube.

Now, should the valve just push out? Thanks for any help.

Ya If that stop is formed into the tube the valve could just very push out.

Take a last look around the outside for a screw or retaining pin....if your satisfied try a push with a dowel.
    Sean

I tried to push it out with a piece of wooden dowel and gave it a few light taps with a hammer but it did not budge. I am hesitant to try to use any more force than that. Maybe I will give the company a phone call in a couple hours and see if they can help. Their email/contact system does not seem to work correctly.

Well due to my small town not having sweet spit all for supplies (2 home hardware stores and I was assured the other had what I wanted but they in fact did not) I had to put the Brocock back together just to keep out the dust and put a bit of air into it.

I thought "What they hey, why not see if it changed velocities". I pumped it up to the 160 bar (the start of the sweet spot), loaded up with 15.9 gr JSBs... 520...518...520...519...517...519... FPS...

The average for these pellets before take down was about 478 FPS in this pressure range going up to a maximum of 491 FPS in about 30 shots so it is quite a jump considering that I changed nothing with the hammer or valve or transfer port etc.

This just goes to show that having a chrony is very important even if only taking an air gun apart for maintenance.

Did you ever manage to remove the valve as I have just acquired a super six and would like to have a couple more ft/lbs out of it.

No I did not manage to get the valve out.

+ Reply to Thread